Thread: iPad missing Cellular Data Button

iPad missing Cellular Data Button

Really do not what is the issue with the iPad that I am having here. Can you all please let me know what I can do here so that I can be out of the issue here? I have the WiFi model of the iPad and that too of 16 GB. Now I think that my $499.00 has been screwed up here and if there is any improvement in this I will be really happy. After ii upgraded the iOS of the iPad to the latest version of iOS 4.2 I have seen that the Cellular Data Button is missing from the Settings. I really do not know what can be done for this here. I have tried to search for all the possible things that I can from the internet but really cannot have the remedy for the issue here. Is there anyone else facing the same issue; will really appreciate any help in the above matter.

Re: iPad missing Cellular Data Button

Well at the beginning itself let me tell you that the culprit for the issue that you are facing is the iOS 4.2. Let me tell you that this version of the iOS is really buggy and you will definitely have the issue here if you are having this in the iPad there. So it is advisable that you just uninstall it and then look for something that was stable with the iPad of yours before this update here. You can install the iOS 4.1 or is that also does not solves the issue then you can go with the iOS 4.0.1. Hope that you will be able to have this rectified with this simple and minor change here.

I am also of the same opinion here and hence would recommend immediate uninstallation of this iOS from iPad and once you are able to get rid of this then you can wait for the announcement that the bugs have been removed and then you can have this thing again in the iPad. Yes you can have the iOS 4.1 in your case instead. Also in addition to this if you want you can again go for the installation of the iOS 4.2 and see if this time it gets installed and you are able to see the Cellular Data Button there. But let me tell you that you might get the Cellular Data Button but after that you might get caught with some more bigger issues as well. SO it will be great if you can sit with the older version there. Please let me get notified about the same here.

You can go with the Network Resetting here and see if that can solve the issue here. You can try to see the steps below and then let me know if it was at all possible here. You can tap on the Settings tab on the screen and then can have the option Reset selected there. Under the Reset option you will be able to see the option Reset Network and once you are able to view that here then you can tap on it and can wait for the Network to get Reset. The issue of yours seems like that it will be solved with this minor treatment and if not then you can go with the iPad reset instead here. Try this here and please let me know if this was at all possible here in any case. Also try to switch off the iPad and then try to see if it can display the Cellular Data Button.

Let me tell you that the latest updates that have been launched by Apple are really irreversible and hence if you are having them at the moment on the APPLE devices then let me tell you that you will be required to RESET the APPLE device so that it can go back to the previous stable version of the iOS that were there. Well if you are having anything from the iOS 4.x then it is for sure irreversible here. So if you want to reset the iPad then here are the steps; just follow them and let me know if it really worked in your case:
    • Press the Power button on iPad for three seconds
    • On the screen you will be able to see a Rectangular Box with a white arrow in it appearing there.
    • After that you will see a slider appearing here.
    • Then you can simply slide your finger on it
    • After that you will see that iPad is shutting down
    • Wait for ten seconds and then again press the power key on the iPad

Hope after doing this you will be able to see the Cellular Data Button. Also if you want you can assist this step with Resetting the Network as well.

Even after following the various steps that have been mentioned above if you are not able to get the solution for you; then it will be simply great if you can go for the support from the Apple Tech Support. Please contact them and let me know what they replied you with. Hope that they will be with better answer in your case. Also it will be great on the other part if you can go to the service center and ask the technician for the issue and the weird behavior of iPad. Please let me know about the result as well. Please first try all the things that have been mentioned and then go for Apple Tech Support.