Thread: iWeb Password for iPad Safari

iWeb Password for iPad Safari

When I go to the Websites that are protected with iWeb password using iPad; I have seen that I have to enter the username and the password again and again there. I really do not know what can be the probable reason for this here. I have Safari running in my iPad and would like to know if there is any issue with the working of Safari and iPad. Please correct this issue for me. The thing is that I really feel annoying type in the username and the password here; so if there is way out for this I will be really glad to have this issue solved here. Also one more thing that I would like to point out is that when I try to access the Websites via Safari that is on the iMac; I have not seen this issue bothering me there. Please let me know the reason here.

Re: iWeb Password for iPad Safari

Well I am of the opinion that you must have downloaded the iOS 4.2 version for iPad and hence must be getting the issue here. So, it will be really nice if you can just try to get that update uninstalled and then see if the combination of the iPad and the Safari can really work in your case here. Also please see if you can have the Network Reset here; sometime it can also be given a try if some minor issue like this are encountered. Roll back to the older stable version that you were having on iPad of yours. Try this and let me know if this is really the case here to go with.

Yes definitely you can have this combination to work in your case and that too without any issue. If at all you want you can go in the Settings and then you will be required to go into the Safari option. After this you will be required to select the Auto Fill options and then you will have to turn on the option labeled as Names and Passwords. I am really of the opinion that you might be missing on this here and it will be really great if you can see this option checked here. Also please not that remembering the password and the username also depends on the particular site as well. So to some extent I can say that this feature is dependent on that site as well. So please see both the case that I have explained here and then let me know about the same here.

Looking at the whole scenario it seems that there is some issue with the iWeb Websites and hence it will be great if you can see for the same in the non-iWeb Websites here. Try to go to the non-iWeb Websites and see if you can find this feature with the iPad of yours and try the same here. In addition to this please also see that if you can have the iPad Network Reset down as well. You can tap the Settings tab and then go in the Rest option under this. Below that option you will have to see for the Network Reset Option and will be required to tap that option there. Try this both options and see if the issue can be solved. Please let me get notified about what happens when you visit the non-iWeb sites there. Hope to get the results soon here.

You want to make your Safari on the iPad to remember the password so please follow the steps below and see if this can help you with this.
    • On the screen tap on the Applications folder
    • After you tap the option there you will be required to tap the Utilities option there.
    • Under that you will have to click on Keychain Access
    • Under the Keychains; in the left pane you will have to select the login options
    • At the bottom you will be able to see a plus + sign there.
    • When you will click on the plus sign you will be required to fill three details in it viz. Keychain Item Name, Account Name and finally the Password.
    • Now close the Keychain
    • After that open Safari.
    • Now go to the site and there you will be able to see Safari asking you for making the save here.
    Last edited by Ceesar; 31-12-2010 at 10:54 AM.

Well you can try to save the password and at the same time can manage the password there. Fisrt of all Open up the Safari Web browser. From the Safari pull down menu you will be required to select the Preferences option there. You will then have to select the AutoFill option there. After the AutoFill option you will have to select User Names and Passwords option. Finally you are done with the Preferences and you will be required to close Preferences windows there. Now after this visit the site for which you want to save the Password; Enter the password and because of the settings that have been made Safari will ask if you want to save the password for this site. Click on the Yes Option and then you will have the password saved in your case here.