Thread: Restoring lost contacts on iphone after installing iOS4

Restoring lost contacts on iphone after installing iOS4

I was having iphone and it was working fine. I have synchronized my iphone with Microsoft outlook so that I can access mail through it. Last night I tried to install iOS4 on my iphone. After successfully installing iOS4 on my iphone all my contacts were lost. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and restore my contacts list easily.

Re: Restoring lost contacts on iphone after installing OS4

iOS4 is an operating system which has been developed by Apple for mobile applications. iOS4 operating system has been specially developed for iphone but it can also be used on iPod Touch, iPad and Apple TV. If your iphone contacts have been lost, then you can easily recover it. The steps to recover iphone contacts are given below:
    • You need to download and install iTunes application on your computer system.
    • After installing iTunes, you need to plug in the iphone into the computer system in the same way as you do for synchronizing.
    • Browse for the iphone in the devices column at the left side of the iTunes window.
    • Right click on the iphone icon in the devices column and then select “Restore from Backup”. You need to select in which version you want the backup from the list given below and after selecting version you need to click on the restore button.
    • Now you need to eject your iphone and browse to the contact list in the iphone. Your lost contacts will be restored in the contacts list of your iphone.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to restore lost contacts on my iphone after installing iOS4 operating system. While browsing across the internet I found one of the software for my iphone. So I downloaded and installed that software on my iphone. After the installation of that application program I am getting “Error 9” message on my iphone. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem.

You should avoid installing faulty software on your iphone. Sometimes due to faulty installation of software on your iphone you might be getting Error 9 message. You can fix this Error 9 message very easily by restoring your iphone to earlier date. To fix the Error 9 message your iphone must be synchronized with iTunes also iTunes should be updated. The steps to fix the Error 9 message are given below:
    • You need to download and install latest version of iTunes.
    • You need to turn off the iphone by pressing the sleep button. After the iphone turns off, release the sleep button.
    • You need to connect the iphone to the computer system. When the iphone is connected, you need to hold down the home button. Unless and until iTunes show the iphone in recovery mode keep pressing the home button.
    • When the device is detected in iTunes, release the button. You need to follow each and every step to restore your iphone. After restoring the iphone to earlier date Error 9 problem will be resolved.