Thread: Dell Vostro 1000 overheating, Turned Off?

Dell Vostro 1000 overheating, Turned Off?

I am having the Dell vostro 1000 laptop. I thought that it is due to low battery and so I charged that but that also not let that back to on. On next morning, I When I tried to on that then it get on without any problem but after one hour it again shows me the same problem. Once it is done then I have to wait for another one hour to make that on. I noticed that the temperature of the laptop goes to high when it this happens. Is it the overheating issue? Please suggest me that what should I do? Thank you!!!

Re: Dell Vostro 1000 overheating, Turned Off?

The very first thing that you need to do is to unplug the all the external connection from it and call Dell. Ask them for the issue. They are the people who have all the idea that what are the possible issues that can be happen to the laptop and the best solution for that issue. They solve many of such cases in one day. If your laptop is still under warranty then they will not charge you anything for that. This is the best and the safest way to get the reason and appropriate solution for your problem.

If you feel that this is due to overheating then the best way to get out of this problem is to buy and use the cooling pad for your laptop. It will cost you around $30-$40. There are many available in the market. You can search for it on Google and get the one which fits into your need and budget. It will help you to reduce the temperature of the system and also solve the problem of shutting down if that is related to the overheating.

It can be something related to the hardware. If any of the part of the hardware is damaged a bit then also it can create big issues like this and if this cannot be fixed soon then it can also make some more problems. So take it to any computer hardware shop and ask them to check it for any such damage and get it fixed. I am saying that this is the exact reason but this is one of the most possible reasons in such cases.

There is a tool available on internet that is called as Speed Fan. It is a program that is available for free. This program will help you keep an eye on voltages, speed of fan and temperature of the computer along with the hardware monitor chips. This will also help you to access S.M.A.R.T. info for the supporting hard disk. It will also show you the hard disk temperature. It is supported on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista (32 & 64-bit). I hope that this will help you.