Thread: Not able to capture HD Video using Movie Maker or CyberLink Power Director from Canon HV30 over I-Link

Not able to capture HD Video using Movie Maker or CyberLink Power Director from Canon HV30 over I-Link

I have Canon HV30 Firewire HDV Capture troubles in Windows 7 64 bit. There seems to be a problem with Window 7 64 bit in capturing HD Video from a Canon HV30 over I-Link Firewire. The camera is detectable; on the other hand I am not capable to capture HD Video by means of Windows Movie Maker or CyberLink Power Director. Every drivers and software updated. Similar camera, similar setup works excellent utilizing Windows XP. Anyone have any workarounds? Or anyone ever faced this type of error or get any solution for this? please provide few information if anyone have.

Re: Not able to capture HD Video using Movie Maker or CyberLink Power Director from Canon HV30 over I-Link

1. The problem occur 25 November 2010 while I got my novel computer (Dell XPS 9000) Windows 7 64 bit and I primary tried to capture video I had before shot by means of the Canon Vixia HV-30.
    2. The capture setup is as per the Canon Manual, utilizing Firewire interface to download video utilizing either Power Director 7 or Windows Movie Maker.
      • Power Director 7 is able to perceive and command the camera, on the other hand one time the capture starts an error message is displayed saying I-link form on the camera is not well-matched with the tape being captured. Established media is HDV and camera playback settings are all accurate.
      • Windows Movie Maker is able to spot and command the camera, on the other hand, no video is captured and no error message is exhibited.
    3. Will try to re-setup the drivers for the HV30.

Re: Not able to capture HD Video using Movie Maker or CyberLink Power Director from Canon HV30 over I-Link

1. How extensive have you been experiencing this problem?
    2. How are you annoying to capture videos?
    3. What accurately occurs while you are annoying to capture videos?
    4. Do you receive any error message?

I would recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the most recent drivers from the manufacturer website that are well-matched with Windows 7 64 bit and confirm if problem get fixed.

Just try to updating your Firewire driver. I exhausted 4 months annoying to discover a solution to being not able to capture HDV on my novel HP laptop running Windows 7 64 bit. I attempted each solution on the internet but until I downloaded the JMicron 1394 host controller that I establish on the HP website, it would not capture HDV. One work around me establishes was to plug in the Firewire cable when my HV30 was running but that was barely a solution.

Obtained me an HP Pavilion DV8 running Windows 7 64 bit 3 months before. I have had the similar troubles as mentioned over, and have attempted many dissimilar drivers. I have attempted to capture HDV from my Sony HDR HC5E by Windows live movie maker, Sony Vegas studio platinum. Not anything effected. Browsing the web I establish suggestions to install the 1394 inheritance driver, but that did not effort. Some ways out stated that there might be a trouble with the chipset or driver in a few makes 1394 hardware, and that you will require a 1394 port with a TI chipset.