Thread: Update to 4.2 leads to slow response time on my iPad/iPhone

Update to 4.2 leads to slow response time on my iPad/iPhone

Last week, I decided to update to the version 4.2. I did the upgrade and it was a normal upgrade and does not show me any problem or warning while upgrading but once it get installed then I noticed that the performance for this was reduced. The response time of my ipad was increased. Once I click on any of the options in it then I have to wait for few seconds to get response from it. This is very annoying, I am not able to guess that what can be the problem with this because many of the friends who have also updated to the same version are not having the problems like this so why it is only me to face this issue. I need help. Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post in advance.

Re: Update to 4.2 leads to slow response time on my iPad/iPhone

My recommendation to you is to keep minimum number of the applications which do multitasking. If you have more number of such applications then it will consume more amount of the processor and that will definitely leads to slow down the performance of the ipad and you will get delayed response from the ipad. This is only one of the possible reasons for this issue and there may be many other reasons for it.

I think that the update that you have did is not proper and so it is giving you the delayed response. If you are facing such problem after updating then you can try to update the iOS again and check if that can solve the problem for you. If the first upgrade was not proper then upgrading again will solve the problem for you. Do this once and I am quite sure that this will help you.

You may have many applications installed in your ipad and that is why you are getting this issue. You should have less number of apps installed in it. So If there is any app that is not needed for you then delete that app and keep the ipad memory as free as possible. The more you make this memory the more you get good performance. So in short remove all the unnecessary apps from the ipad and see the difference in the performance.

Have you tried all the above suggestion and still not able to resolve the problem? If that is the case then you can do the soft reset to your ipad. This will remove all the apps from your ipad and sets all the settings to its default value. Once you are done with this then you can you can install only those apps that are really needed to you. But before that you should confirm that you have tried all the possible solutions for this and this is your last option to try. Good Luck!!!