Thread: Cannot connect to internet via 3G after upgrade to iOS 4.2

Cannot connect to internet via 3G after upgrade to iOS 4.2

Hi all, I have up upgraded my iPad to version 4.2.1 iOS. Upgrade for this was correct and it finishes the upgrade without any problem. But after upgrading that, I was not able to connect to the internet via 3G. There was no problem with the connection of the WiFi. It is getting connected without any inconvenience. I tried to reset network configurations and put in the APN necessary information for my ISP. But unluckily I observed that if I make WiFi on then 3G does not work though I do not have any WiFi connection accessible. I have to turn of the WiFi manually to get internet connection with 3G. Previous to updating 4.2.1 I was having both WiFi and 3G for all time on in the setting panel as well as the iPad choose the connection accessible to the internet. Please provide me the appropriate solution for this issue.

Re: Cannot connect to internet via 3G after upgrade to iOS 4.2

I was also having the similar problem after update and searching for the solution and finally I fixed the problem. It was the problem with the APN settings. Many of the times the cellular network let settings for you itself and sometimes it does not do that. It is totally depends on the operator. I just wrote the correct name to APN and that is it and problem gets solved. One thing that I am not able to understand is that why we need to write that after every update. So you also do the same and I wish that it will do the same for you.

You are very correct that 3G reduces its performance or sometimes stops working after the upgrade 4.x. It is nothing but the problem with the modem firmware. I was also having the same problem. I was having 5mbit 3G speed but stops working after upgrade. To fix this issue, I searched for the latest modem firmware and installed that to it. After that, it started working fine. You can also do this and if it can solve my problem then it will do the same for you. Good Luck!!!

There may be some problem with the network settings and because of that you are getting the issue with the internet. So look if there is any setting to make that enable. If you are not able to find that then you can simply reset the settings. It will make all the settings to its default value and you will not have any problem after that. This is the first thing that you need to check for this issue.

You can try the above posted solution and see if that can help you or not? If that is able to help you then it is fine but if you found that you are not getting the solution for this issue then the only issue that is left for you is to restore to the previous version of it. As you told that it was working fine there so I don’t think that this will create any issue after restoring this. But before that you should confirm that you have tried all the other possible solutions for this and this is the last option for you. Good Luck!!!

The best way to know the reason and the solution for this issue is to contact the Apple and ask them for the problem. They are the people who know that what are the possible issues that can happen to it and how can it be solved. They solve many of the issues like this in one day and I am quite sure that you will get the perfect answer for this problem. This should be your first steps to resolve this problem.