Thread: How to use 3G iPad with no sim card installed?

How to use 3G iPad with no sim card installed?

Recently, I have bought a iPad that is having 3G. It’s very good to use but I wanted to know one thing that if after some days I need to make use of 3G without having a SIM card installed in that. It just struck me that I may require to include a sim card inside a 3G enabled iPad to make it work. If this is possible then please post that here and also the way by which I make it to work.

Re: How to use 3G iPad with no sim card installed?

Yes, this is possible to use the iPad without having the Activated SIM card in that. If you want to make use of the 3G capability then only you require the Activated SIM card and that is not for the regular WiFi use. I am also using iPad which is having the SIM card that is not active and still I am using it. So I don’t think that there is any trick or method to do this. This is automatic and will start the iPad without doing any settings. So if in future, you need to use it without SIM card then also you can use that like me.

Hi all, I don’t want to make a new thread, so I am posting my question over here and it is somewhat similar to the question asked by Atmanand. I want to know that how I can get online without having any activated SIM card. My iPad is also with the 3g and wi-fi. I don’t want to buy the SIM card straight away but I am not able to connect to my home network. I am sure that the password is correct but whenever I try to connect it then it shows me the message that says cannot connect. Please help me. I wish that I get quick replies on this.

I think that the iOS that is installed in your computer is out dated and so you are getting the problems like this. In most of the cases it comes out to be the reason for the issue. So my suggestion to you is to search for the latest version of the iOS and if that is available then install that to your iPad. You can visit the Manufacturers website for downloading the updated iOS. I have seen many of the cases like this where updating to the latest version of the iOS solves the issue and I hope that it will do the same for you. For further information on this, you can click here and this will let you to the page from where you can get tips to update your ipad.

Very first thing that you need to check in the cases like this is that whether you have connected the power to the Wi-Fi router and/or Cable/DSL modem and it is turned on. If that is correct then confirm that you are in the range of the Wi-Fi router or base station. If you are out of the range then it will not able to make the connection properly and can show you the error messages like this. So check for these two things and make sure that they are not the reason for this.

There is possibility that you are using the outdated version of the Wi-Fi router firmware. If it is outdated then it will not be compatible with your iPad. So search for the latest firmware of the model that you are using. If you got any updated version then install that and after that again try to connect it. I am quite sure that this time it will get connected if it was due to old firmware.