Thread: Update to 4.2.1 leads to no screen lock

Update to 4.2.1 leads to no screen lock

Friends, I have recently upgraded to iOS 4.2.1 version in the hope that it will increase the performance if the iPad. But After upgrading, it created more problems for me. My ipad has lost the ability of the screen lock. This is very frustrating for me. One of my friends also did the same upgrade but he does not have such issues then why this is happening only to me. Also there is problem with mail. I can see multiple mail accounts displayed in a different way. Please tell me that what can be the problem with it and also the way to remove this issue.

Re: Update to 4.2.1 leads to no screen lock

If you want to lock the screen then you have to double tap the home button. After that swipe the multitasking bar to right and after that you will see the iPod controls, volume, brightness as well as lock button. So you can do this and check if that can solve the problem for you. Search here for the setting and change it accordingly. I am sure that this will solve the problem.

I have less idea about the screen lock but as far as the mail app is concerned then I have some idea about this for you. If you are having multiple email accounts then your mail app will contain a unified inbox that is all the mails of the account will be placed in the similar inbox folder. If you want to separate the emails then you can click the button that is there on the top left. It will view the inboxes/accounts separately.

It may be the problem with the mail app that you are using to view your mails. If that is corrupted or having any problem with it then it may show you the issues like this. My suggestion to you is to uninstall the app and again install it. This time install this with a different copy of the setup because it is possible that the setup is having problem in it and if that is the case then you will get the same problem again. So try this and see if that can solve the issue for you or not.

I think that the update that you have done is not proper and so you are having the problem with that. There may be some of the file that is missing from it and that is the reason for this. So according to me, you need to upgrade this again. Make sure that the battery is full during upgrade. If that is due to the bad installation then it will definitely solve this issue and you will get it working properly again.