Thread: iPad OS allow for drain of 3G Data Plan

iPad OS allow for drain of 3G Data Plan

I really do not know if this same happened to anybody else, but along with applications which is running in the background with the original OS 4.2, my AT&T data plan burned from side to side of 200MB in four hours at the same time as my iPad was in standby mode. The only Application open was the Wall Steer Journal. So is there any solution for this then please try to post it as soon as it is possible for you.

re: iPad OS allow for drain of 3G Data Plan

If you do not close application so it will run in the background and I think you are not much more aware about multitasking, it will in fact stay running in the background. This creates switching between applications rapid, but if the background application keeps looking for changes then it will absolutely drain the battery. And suck up tour 3G data if you are not on wifi. This happened very often later than the iPhone 4 upgrade, and the majority vendors updated the iPhone applications. At the present they require to focus on iPad applications. There are a number of methods of applications that you might not believe of that are able to stay running in the background. If it is an online game, it is able to make use of both battery and network, but if it is a local game then it can drain the battery.

I have also faced this but in my case OS 4.1 battery drain was there no any type of background application was running. And regarding this I went to the Apple Store to have my iPhone 4 looks at for the iOS 4.1 battery drains issue. And they have taken my iphone and told me to collect it in next week. So day after tomorrow I will get that I am praying that they resolve this.

I have also faced this and in my case when I have taken my iphone to Apple care so they took around 2 minutes and after that get the issue and change my phone. It seems that the 4.1 update changes the modem software and in fact creates a background procedure that is not name and also it never get stops. It's a bug apparently. So, the substitute is running 4.0.2 and the grown-up modem I mean that the older FW rev and is totally wonderful again. No 4.1 until this matter is resolved. Anyway, if you are troubled by the battery drain, take your phone back and allow them to identify if yours is affected.

Restoring from DFU mode was able to assist in killing the running background procedure of the modem. I am not sure regarding this entirely, but when a main update comes out, I forever put my phone in DFU mode then do a spotless install of the update. Perceptibly this has helped my battery life on 4.1. So if you want then you can go for this.

Re: iPad OS allow for drain of 3G Data Plan

Well according to me it could be the hardware matter. For the reason that I have been running 4.1 since it came out and my battery is improved or the similar as it was below the previous releases. I do not believe that this all is happening because of the software issue, presently a modem trouble that reacts to the OS. You guys for all time take for granted that it is the OS when it could be faulty hardware that when the new OS gets put on.

Re: iPad OS allow for drain of 3G Data Plan

Well according to me it could be the hardware matter. For the reason that I have been running 4.1 since it came out and my battery is improved or the similar as it was below the previous releases. I do not believe that this all is happening because of the software issue, presently a modem trouble that reacts to the OS. You guys for all time take for granted that it is the OS when it could be faulty hardware that when the new OS gets put on.