Thread: After tapping double home screen gets me nothing new

After tapping double home screen gets me nothing new

I have an issue in my ipad I need quick solution for this. So that is why I need your help guys. Actually in double tapping the home screen on the ipad does not permit me to manage whatever thing like the brightness of the screen and double clicking does not provide me the capability to multi task or organize compass reading of screen/lock or present me controls for ipod? So what would be the possible reason for happening like this? And in this all the things works very well after upgrade, but not these items. So help me.

Re: After tapping double home screen gets me nothing new

I think you are also repeating the same mistake which I have did around one week ago. And I got the solution from one of my friend. So regarding this you do not have to worry I am sure that you will get fix after explaining the reason for happening like this. It's the Home button you double tap, not the Home screen. When you do, a panel opens at the base along with the controls you are looking for. So make correct it.

It seems that an article in Pocket lint give the wrong explanation of what is tapped and ticked. I was following their hint. I do on the other hand have to take left to right whilst I read here that one must swipe right to left hope this is not a symbol of more muddled items on my ipad at the present. And I also want to know that where the multitasking ability hiding is?

If you double tap the Home button, so at that time a panel will open at bottom that lists every open applications, plus the brightness/iPod controls. You find a way that the panel by swiping in both direction. The controls are at the left hand finish and it will be there always. If you tap and hold an application icon, so you will get a red "close" badge just next to all the application icons. Tapping the badge close up the application. Tap Home one time to exit the close process, and once more time to get out of the panel.

I have the similar difficulty and I consider whether we are still discussing the difficulty on the iPad Wi-Fi +3G & not a Laptop or iphone which was exaggerated by the upgrade. When I twice tap the home button on my iPad all I observe is a grey screen under which I am able to see a vague outline of customary icons. It is a vast dissatisfaction for me for the reason that I am not able to read any books for the reason that the orientation cannot be locked to be conventional through a normal reading posture. So Please HELP!

Problem gets solved. I looked yet once more the answer gotten by double tapping the home button but what I observed this time it was a band of lively icons under the grayed out screen then I could slide this along to make known the lock button. Many thanks to previous posts which I should have read more carefully. So uif anybody still getting the issue then they can go for this.