Thread: Ipad's mute button doesn't mute anything?

Ipad's mute button doesn't mute anything?

I was watching a movie in night when somebody called me, so I thought by utilizing the 'new' mute button would be speedy and simple but it did not in reality mute the video, it kept playing. After I ended my call I tried to observe if it would mute music but that did not work either? I was speculate if anyone had a solution to this? And ya try to give solution for this as soon as it is possible for you. I just want to thank you guys in advance.

Re: Ipad's mute button doesn't mute anything?

You are asking this like a noob. Have you purchased this very recently. Actually the mute button is to mute system produced sounds while you are watching videos, listening to music, playing games so that they are not troubled by system alerts. The mute does not really mute the sound. So for doing that you have to go to Settings > General > Sounds and turn the sound setting down.

It's not ineffective actually it serves a particular function. It is in fact called the "silent" switch and it only mute the system sounds like announcements, key presses, etc. The tip of the silent switch is to quiet the iPad for meetings, etc. devoid of really having to turn it on. It is for situations where you do not want, just for a case, a notification ring to concern everyone. It is also helpful to get rid of system sounds while you are listening to music or watching a movie. To rapidly mute all sounds while, say, playing a movie immediately press and hold the volume down button. In regarding 1.5 seconds the sound volume will be condensed to zero.

Actually it depends on your expectation. If you took it to mean common mute, it is not going to assist. If you recognize it to mean not get in the way with your listening then it works. So it all depends on what you wanted to mute button do for you. Decided the skill to turn the sound down devoid of going to Settings, etc., would be helpful for many. So I know regarding this only this much and I hope this will help you. So if you are going through this so just try it. I am sure you will be benefited by this.

Here I want to know that what would be really most excellent for me to decide what role I would like that button to serve up:
    1) A full mute switch
    2) A screen rotation lock, or
    3) A “silent" mode button.
    Build the default doesn't matter what apple instructions it to be but allow me to switch it back to the button that I will obtain the majority use from it.