Thread: Losing hard disk space after syncing ipad and iphone

Losing hard disk space after syncing ipad and iphone

I have visit many of the forum site but not able to get any solution regarding this. So here also I just want to know that does anybody have the similar difficulty. Every time when sync either my ipad or iphone, I observe that my hard disk space radically go downward till my start-up disk is full. So I want to know here that is there any kind of problem in my iTunes? If yes then please suggest me proper solution for this. So I will be grateful for this. I just want to thank you in advance.

Re: Losing hard disk space after syncing ipad and iphone

It is really strange issue for me. I have never heard like this kind of issue before, so that is why I want to know some information from your side. Actually I want to know that the hard disk is on your computer? Give me this info so that I will try to work on this in a better way and try to provide better solution for this. And please remember that try to give this info as soon as it is possible.

I am also going through the same issue. Before syncing this I had 5 GB of free space then in the halfway through the "backing up iPad" phase all the things get halt and it is happen because of startup HD was full. I had to remove a number of old podcasts presently so that I was able to obtain Chrome to look on the web to discover on this matter. If you guys have suggestion then help me.

Hey do not worry about it some month ago around two month I have also faced this issue. But if you see the solution for this then you will get astonished. When I was facing it at that time I have figure out that why my HD kept getting full at the time when I sync my iPhone 4. So I think it may be because of the old backups even from my old iPhone 3g. So the older and non used file you just delete it and after that try to sync it I am sure that it will fix your issue.

If you are not getting solution after trying the many solution so you just go for this I am sure you will get the fix for your query. First thing that you open the hard disk icon on the Mac desktop. And after this Go up to view->options. Click show all sizes, list mode. And in last click on the size. So at the present the biggest folders will come to the top. Open those, their biggest components will come to the top. It's a quick way to find the bloat.

sad Re: Losing hard disk space after syncing ipad and iphone

Hey, me too having the same problem. Everytime I sync my iPad or iPhone 4, it takes lots of space on Mac's HD. Damn tired of finding the solution but could not been able to find it.

Please let me know if you have any solution.

I want to tell you here that there a regulation of thumb to how much you should fill up a startup disk. Typically 10 to 15% of free space should left on a startup disk. If you fill up your hard drive it was able to freeze up or have a breakdown. You say that your startup disk has only 5 gig left of free space. You should look into an extra hard drive or external hard drive to where you are able to shift some of the data off of your startup disk.