Thread: How to disable multitasking on iPad?

How to disable multitasking on iPad?

Well I have the iPad and I just want to know if there is a way by which I can have the multitasking on it disabled. I have seen that with the work that I have here it is absolutely useless for me. So I think that if you all can tell me the way by which I can disable it I will be really happy for the same here. I have seen that because of the multitasking enable the performance of the iPad here is really suffering and if there will be a way for that then I will be really glad to have that thing solved here. So can you all here can suggest me the way here for this.

Re: How to disable multitasking on iPad?

On the very first note let me tell you that disabling the multitasking is really not possible here. I mean to say that it is impossible here. Also in addition to that if you are finding it useless then you can simply just avoid using it. It is not a hard and fast rule or compulsory that you are required to use it. Also if you want you can just use the iPad as it was working when you had 3.2.2 installed in it. You will be required to tap the Home key once and you will have the iPad of yours working in the normal manner as it is working before. Hope that you will find these things really helpful in the situation of yours.

Let me verified this here. Really there is no way by which you can disable multitasking. On the other hand let me tell you that by default multitasking is not facilitated for every application. You will be required to apply multitasking or say enable multitasking for all the applications so that they can run in the multitasking mode. If that is not done then let me tell you that you will be not required to worry about anything; the applications will really work in the manner as they were working with the 3.2.2 version of the iPad. Also the applications will purely follow the format they used to follow when they were running on the iPad 3.2.2; in order to end up the application you will be required to tap the Home button once.

Well looking at the case of yours it seems that you are worried with the applications that are running in the background. So if that is bothering you then let tell you that they really do not have any kind of the issue with the iPad. When you tap on the Home button twice a list is forwarded and that particular list contains the applications that were running recently. So you please do not worry for those applications they will run for some time and then will get disappeared from there. So do not think that because of the Background processes running; the performance of the iPad is going to get troubled here. Please see this and let me know if I was correct here. I will be waiting for the post of yours here.

Most applications are not multi-tasking competent when they are successively running under iOS 4. So most of the time these applications CLOSE when they are left. But so that you can have faster access to those applications their icon is present in the task switcher. From the task switcher it will be lot easy to toggle back to these applications with just one tap. Well that was what I had listened but in reality I have not found this thing working. When you tap on the icon in the task switcher I have seen that the application gets reloaded and hence lowers the performance of the device.

I would recommend that if you are having the trouble with the iPad and the multitasking here then resetting the iPad to some extent will really help you with the situation here. Just try to get this in the below mentioned manner. First of all close all the applications that are running on the iPad and if required just restart the iPad. After that again press the power button for the next three seconds. Once you do this you will see that on the screen a rectangular box will appear; in that box you will be able to see a white colored arrow directed in the Right direction. Once you are able to view that then you will have to wait for the arrival of the slider and one you get that you will be required to slide on that. After it gets complete then wait for the iPad to shut down. Once the iPad shuts then after 10 seconds restart the iPad by pressing the power button here.