Thread: Cannot Rotate photos properly in iPad

Cannot Rotate photos properly in iPad

I have a iPad. Now i have the habit of taking the screen shots which will help me during the navigation, in the Google maps. The problem i have noticed here is that i cannot get the landscape image in the screen shot that i have taken. Also i wanted to ask you all have you tried rotating the picture in the screen manually or through any settings. If you have tried then let me know. I have tried it manually, with the help of two fingers i rotated the image on the screen and it rotated but it came back to the same position when i left it. So what can be the problem behind these? Any suggestions then do share it with me.

Re: Cannot Rotate photos properly in iPad

Well let me tell you that you can definitely rotate the pictures in your iPad. If you have some image file stored in the iPad then try tapping the photo such that the menu bar will appear on the left side of it a left pointing arrow will appear try tapping it and you will be able to rotate the image to 90 degrees. So this is a great feature. Although it is not mentioned in the manual of any of the iPad documents. Still this feature is there. I have not tried with the manual rotation. So i have no idea about it.

Well there are several applications in the apple application store that will allow you to rotate the image any type you want. Well one such good example of such application is the PhotoPad by Zagg. It is a free application and it is available in the app store. So do try installing this application and it will definitely help you. I cannot confirm you whether it will help you with the manual rotation of the image. You can try with this application and you can inform us accordingly if it works for the manual rotation of the image or not.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I have tried with the particular photopad application let me tell you it gets rotated but i am unable to save the particular rotated image in the folder. It was great to see that i could do the rotation with the normal manual rotation of the image. On trying to save the image i was unsuccessful. So any idea why it is not getting saved. Your information was helpful but it would be better if you could have solved this minor issue also. Reply as early as possible.

Well according to me you are not using the latest operating system for the iPad. I would advise you to switch to the latest operating system i.e version 4.2. This could easily solve your issue. It is better advisable to run such applications in the latest operating system of the iPad. Otherwise it is bound to give you such issue’s. So upgrade your operating system and your issue will be solved. Hope this was informative for you.

It took me a lot of time to figure out the solution. It was very counter-intuitive.
    To the programmer in Apple, I am really disappointed at you! How come you did even the simplest picture modification in the wrong way?!

To everyone else,
    Whenever you use a picture program to change anything, the result picture will be saved in the folder media/DCIM/apple100 , but the original one is still there. So after you rotate or do anything, you will ended up having 2 pictures, before and after. You might think the picture was not saved because you are still looking at the old one. Take a look at the "saved pictures" folder, the new changed one is there, waiting for your discovery. The kind of program behavior make no sense!

So now whenever I make changes, I have to switch to "photos" app cause it was the only app capable of delete pictures. Then copy the picture back to the original location, and then delete the one in "save pictures" album. It is pain in the A or B.

I found it much faster to change pictures by using iFile to copy all pictures to the sd card, modify them in windows, then put the sd card back to iPad. The funny thing is: if a photo is in "save pictures", you cannot rotate it, but once I copy it out and import back to iPad, I can rotate it any way I like. A "rotate" button magically appear when I open the "last imported" folder. And it saves the photo in the right way, not creating duplicates.

I love my iPad, but whoever made the app "photos" and picture saving function should go back to elementary school. Cause their common sense is no better than a 5th grader.