Thread: Is it possible for iPad to support SMS application with 3G?

Is it possible for iPad to support SMS application with 3G?

As I have mentioned in the tread, my question is exact that. Actually I want to know that is there any way through which I can use my ipad for the 3G SMS application. So is there any kind of of solution which can result this issue. Concerning to this I have visited many of the forum site but not able to get any appropriate solution. So if anybody has proper solution for this then please help me and ya please keep in mind that I want quick solution for this.

Re: Is it possible for iPad to support SMS application with 3G?

It is factual that the iPad is not able to directly do this itself, because agreed the iPad is not a phone. On the other hand there are a number of text functions which you are able to download from iTunes that will do this in the function, i.e. you are able to send and receive SMS text messages from inside the application. I got one of these and utilized it for a while. It worked application to application but also did the right formatting so that I was able to send and receive text messages to cell phones as you would be expecting. Worked well but I did not really to make use of it very often so ultimately I just deleted it. A number of are free and others are paid. Just search in there and observe if something meets your requirements.

Not a predominantly helpful response. I do consider we all acquainted along with the ipad which is not a phone. On the other hand many of us also acquainted with of SMS applications that can be utilized on desktops etc. May I put forward your responses in future are not so prejudiced. "The answer will always be no" suggests if you have a number of inside information as to future developments of Apple products.

Regarding this I am very much sure that I am able to get the comments from anywhere. And I believe that no phone functionality external of VOIP applications and the "SMS" applications will ever be on the iPad. I get most of the information from the public announcements, comments, and interviews by apple executives. And you just note that the "SMS" applications are not something like real SMS, they are more of an IM client. So whatever I know regarding this I have explained it over here and I am sure that you will get benefit through this info.

I want to tell you that Internet 3G dongles at least on most models I know in Europe hold up sending and receiving SMS. SMS is essentially "signaling" traffic on GSM / UMTS networks. The humorous thing is that it's additional than a decade that telecommunication gurus speak that SMS is dead since e-mail on mobile devices is much more supple and inhibited to shortness and then popular services like twitter highlighted that "shortness" is a key assessment for many of us.