Thread: Video App corrupted after hitting Home button in Ipad

Video App corrupted after hitting Home button in Ipad

I am using Apple iPad with 64 GB memory and 3G. I have recently upgraded my iPad with iOS 4.2.1. I am facing while playing movies after upgrading the iOS. The video apps in the Apple crash as soon as I press Home button while playing that movie. However all the other functions of iPad are working normal. I can easily open and close the videos. Well anyone having the same problem please let me know also anyone having the solutions for the same please let me know as soon as possible. I will really appreciate for your reply. Thanking you in advance.

re: Video App corrupted after hitting Home button in Ipad

Well looking at your situation I am suggesting you to do Restore Factory Settings in your iPad. You have to perform the following simple steps to reset your iPad. To reset all settings you to select General and then tap on Reset All Settings. It will reset all the settings and preferences. For your information all the data won’t be deleted from your iPad. You have to perform following steps to delete all the contents and settings from your iPad. Select General form Settings and go for Reset. You have to find Erase All Content in the Reset tab. All the information will be deleted as soon as you will tap on it. Following steps will reset layout of Home screen. Select General then Select Reset then Select Reset Home Screen Layout. I am suggesting you to take back up of the data before doing the above mention steps. Try it i hope it fixes your problem.

Well I was having the same problem with me. Restore Factory Settings didn’t help me in my situation. I have deleted all the videos from the iPad through the iTunes and reinstall again. However I was able to seek back into videos but I was facing the same problem when I was pressing the Home button while the video being played. Please take back up of the data if you want to do above mentioned steps. I don’t know what I should do with my iPad. Same functions are working properly in iPhone. Please help me out.

According to my opinion I am suggesting you to do the Soft Reset in your iPad. Well in Soft reset you have to perform the following steps. You have to press the Sleep/ Wake key of the iPad till the Slider being displayed on the screen. You have to drag the slider. Once again you have to press Sleep/Wake key till the Apple logo displays on the screen. Soft Reset performed on the screen. Do not worry about the data since Soft Reset will not delete any data from your iPad.

Soft Reset is very simple way to fix your problem but still you are having the same problem then I am suggesting you to go for Hard Reset. Well doing Hard Reset is very simple to do. You have to perform following simple step to do Hard Reset. You have to press two keys i.e. Sleep/Wake key and the Home key for at least 10 seconds. You should not release the key until the Apple logo is not displayed on the screen. You are supposed to take back up of the data since the Hard Reset deletes all the data from your iPad. I will be really delighted if it helps you.

Finally Soft Reset and Hard Reset are not fixing your problem then you can go for Firmware up gradation with the latest version of iOS. According to me it is the best solution for your problem. Well I am suggesting you to take back up of the data from your iPad since during this process all the data is being deleted from your iPad. Once you completed with firmware up gradation you can restore back all the data. If still you are facing the problem then down grade the iOS since you have already mentioned that you have recently up graded the iOS. I hope above mentioned steps will help you to fix your problem.