Thread: PR1.2 ruined my N900

PR1.2 ruined my N900

Hey guys I am really embarrassed as my newly N900 mobile phone got corrupted when I did a PR1.2 update. I inserted my N900mobile with usb to my laptop and went of a PR1.2 update only to find that the phone got switched off and was not getting started after that. Although the update was successful but then also it has really affected my mobile. Once it got off, I tried restarting but the phone refused to start and I even removed the battery and inserted again , but the same problem continues. I am not getting any white screen on my mobile so guys any one knows how will I be able to make this mobile start again normally as I don’t want to the shop for repair.

Re: PR1.2 ruined my N900

Looks like your mobile phone as got seriously effected due to this update of PR1.2. I think that some internal parts of your mobile phone might have got seriously damaged due to high electric power that have been gone through, since you had connected to high power device. So I think that you will have to check for each and every part of your N900 and then only you will come to know what exactly is the problem with the phone. If the parts are seriously damaged and unrepeatable then I think that you will have to replace the phone as there is no point repairing the phone again.

Hey why don’t you try inserting a new battery onto your mobile and see whether it solves your problem. I also think that since you are not able to get the white screen on your mobile when you press the mobile power button. So I would like to tell you that you should buy a new battery and see if it works or if possible you can even insert the battery of your friends N900 if he is willing to give you. I think that if it is really not a very high resistant problem then you will able to solve it by your self or else you will have to give to the vendor for repairing it.

I think that there is no point waiting time in inserting the battery or doing anything else which will make the problem more worst. According to me you should directly take your N900 and give it to the shop for repairing as they will be able to tell you what exactly is the problem and what should be done to overcome them. Trying out various solutions can only make the matter worse and you will have to give away the phone that you are currently using.

Friend I also had the same problem with my N810, when I had done a PR1.2 update, after the update it had prompt me to restart my mobile and when I did it the N810 never got started. So after searching for various information on the internet I finally got one from a friend of mine who suggested me to do a u-boot from the computer system. After that I did exactly what he had said and guess what I was able to restart it again by my self. All thanks to my friend that because of his solution I was able to do it myself without giving it to the shop for repairing it. You should also try this and see if it helps you in overcoming your problem.