Thread: Unable to connect Lenovo ThinkPad T400 to my TV

Unable to connect Lenovo ThinkPad T400 to my TV

Well I am trying to connect my Lenovo ThinkPad T400 to the television that I have but somehow nothing is happening. I mean to say that as I connect the laptop then it is showing me nothing on the TV screen and the screen is simply black. Does anything go wrong in connecting the laptop, If yes then please let me know the proper way to connect the laptop to the TV. It is very frustrating that I am getting nothing on the TV not even an error so please help me in this case.

Re: Unable to connect Lenovo ThinkPad T400 to my TV

I think your laptop needs some setting change and that too the display settings. So what you have to do here is that just go in the display settings and then you have to select the option “output to projector” and then restart the laptop. I am sure that after restarting the system you will definitely find the TV is able to detect the laptop and now everything is visible on the TV that you are doing on the laptop. I hope it works for you.

If you are getting this issue and which is not ob the constant basis then there might be a problem with the VGA cable that you are using to connect to the TV. So what you have to do here is that just check out the cable how it is doing and if you found anything fishy then immediately replace the cable with the new one. I am sure that if the problem is associated with the VGA cable then replacing it will definitely help you out.

I am also facing the similar problem where I am not getting the display on the laptop itself. The thing here is that when I connect the laptop to the TV then it is properly connected and also I am getting appropriate display on the TV but the display of my laptop is lost I don’t know why this is happening and also can’t figure out how to solve this issue. Any help regarding it will be appreciated.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that you are getting this issue because the display driver is not updated. It happens if the display driver is corrupted or not doing well then the system tends to give you such errors. So what you have to do here is that just install the latest driver and if don’t have the display driver then you can download the same from the Lenovo site and if you have already installed the drivers then you can just update the drivers from the device manager. I think doing this will definitely help you out of this.