Thread: Unable to copy videos from Sony Handycam to Windows 7 via USB

Unable to copy videos from Sony Handycam to Windows 7 via USB

I have recently purchased a brand new Sony handycam and also shoot some videos with the help of it. And mind you the video quality is fantastic but the thing is that when I tried to copy the same on my system then it is not allowing me to do so. Actually I am using the windows 7 operating system and that to with the Intel core i3 processor. Now whenever I connect the handycam to the system then it detects it but when I try to copy the data inside it then it gives me an error message that the memory card is used by another application. I don’t know why this is happening and why it is not letting me to have the access on the video files. Any help regarding will be appreciated.

Re: to copy videos from Sony Handycam to Windows 7 via USB

Well there are few things that I would like to know here because they are very much necessary. Now first let me know the model number of the handycam that you are using. And also let me know whether you are allowed to access the memory card. So what you have to do here is that use a interface between the system and then handycam. When you purchased the handycam then they must have provided you a small disk that will create an interface for you. I hope that this will help you out.

Well it happens sometimes the system fails to give you the access of the external device that you connect to it. No what you have to do here is that just remove the memory card from the handycam and then insert the same in the card reader and then try and access the card and copy the videos. Actually in the card reader you can easily insert the micro memory card and then just connect is to the system like the flash drive. I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to solve the issue and also will let you to copy the videos that you have shooted.

I thing I can help you out of this case and if you really need to fix this problem then just follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all connect the handycam to the AC adapter and then just set it to the USB stream mode.
    • And to do that you have to press p for menu and then press usb mode and then usb stream
    • Now you have to set the tape point from where you have to start saving the video in PC and now just connect it to PC with the help of USB cable
    • Then you have to just open the videos that you have to copy and then paste the same on the system.
    • I am sure that following these steps will definitely help you to solve the issue.

I have gone through your issue and I think that there is a software missing on your computer that lets you to sync the handycam with the system. And to get the same you have to just visit the official site that is SONY and then just download the software on your system and then install it. I thing after installing the software you will definitely able to copy the videos because the software will help you to sync the handycam to the system. And if still it didn’t help then you have to just contact the Sony support and let them know the problem you are facing. I hope that they will help you out.