Thread: No sound on Acer aspire 5542 and headphone jack is not working

No sound on Acer aspire 5542 and headphone jack is not working

I am having the Acer aspire 5542 laptop and using the same from last few weeks, I am working on the windows7 operating system now the thing here is that from last not I am not getting any sound on my laptop and even if I am trying to play the media file then it is just shows me that file is playing but no audio. I don’t know why this is happening and one main thing here is that I am getting a red light near the headphone jack. Have anyone else have faced this issue if yes then please let me know how to solve the same.

Re: No sound on Acer aspire 5542 and headphone jack is not working

The first thing that I would like you to check here is that the whether the sound card is working properly or not. So what you have to do here is that just use any alternate sound card and then see if you are getting proper output. I think it will definitely help you to get the sound. Actually it happens if the sound card is not working then you will definitely not give you the proper sound and after replacing the same you will get the sound.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the drivers on your system are not working properly and that is the reason why you are getting this issue. Now what you have to do here s that just check out whether the drivers are installed properly or not and if they are not then you have to just install then immediately and if they are already installed then you have to just update them with the help of device manager. I am sure that updating the drivers will definitely help you out.

Well if this is the case then you have to just run your system in the safe mode and then you have to just see whether you are getting the proper sound or not, I guess you will be getting the proper sound in the safe mode and if still no sound then you can just see whether changing the media player helps you. I hope that if you will uninstall the media player that you are currently using and then later on installing the latest one then definitely you will get properly.

According to me you have to just check out whether the speakers are connected properly or not, because sometimes it happens if we are not getting the sound output and that too because of the speakers that we are using. So you just see whether the speakers are connected properly and if not then you have to just make sure that there is no breakage in the line. And if everything is connected properly then you have to change the speaker itself and then check whether they are giving you the audio.