Thread: Troubleshooting HP Pavilion G60 Laptop startup problems

Troubleshooting HP Pavilion G60 Laptop startup problems

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my HP Pavilion G60 Laptop. While browsing the internet last night there was virus attack and due to the virus my operating system files got corrupted. My system was failing to startup so I installed a new copy of Windows XP operating system on my laptop. Also I updated the drivers and my system was working fine. When I started my laptop the next day then my laptop was not starting. The LED light comes on, the DVD light flickers, the fan spins but nothing appears on the screen. I need a solution so that I can fix easily the startup problems.

Re: Troubleshooting HP Pavilion G60 Laptop startup problems

You need to verify that you have not installed any new hardware on your laptop. If you have installed a new hardware then before the installation of new hardware you need to check whether that particular hardware is compatible with your system requirements. If you have installed the hardware which is not compatible with your system requirements then you may need to remove it from the system and start the system to check if the startup problem occurs in the system. There is a chance that the hardware which you have installed is faulty which prevents your laptop to startup.

Another common startup problem may be your operating system files have been corrupted. The operating system files may be corrupted because of virus attack and because of which system nay fail from starting up. You can fix this by starting the system in safe mode by pressing the F8 key. After you have logged into the safe mode then you can install antivirus software such as AVG antivirus. After the installation of antivirus software you can scan the system, fix the corrupted file and repair it.

Due to the overheating of laptop it may fail to startup. If you are using from long time then you need to shut down the laptop for sometimes so that it can be cooled. If you are using the laptop from long time and you have not turned off then the laptop may gets overheated. If you are using the laptop from long time then you should turn off for sometime so that it can be cooled.

If the laptop fails to startup then there might be a possibility of RAM memory sticks. Due to the faulty RAM installed in your system it may fail to startup. You can try to interchange the RAM memory sticks in different slots. If the system still fail to start up then there might be faulty RAM installed in your system. If the faulty RAM is not replaced then the system may not startup. You can contact the manufacturer and replace your RAM memory sticks.