Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Dell Optiplex GX240 do not power up

Portable Devices

Old 29-12-2010

Dell Optiplex GX240 do not power up

We are using a Dell Optiplex GX240. My problem is that, when I try to turn my computer on then I donít get power up and there is just a steady orange light on my motherboard. I am confused that if that is the problem with the PSU or with motherboard. Can you guess that what is the problem? Please help me. I need to solve it as early as possible because I have to make a project and I need computer for that.

Old 29-12-2010

Re: Dell Optiplex GX240 do not power up

This is seems to be the problem with the PSU that you are using. If the PSU is not providing the proper power supply then it can show you the issues like this. My suggestion to you is to replace the PSU with a new one and check whether it solves the problem for you or not. But tjis is very likely that it is the PSU issue and replacing the issue will resolve the issue. I hope that this will help you. Thank you!!!
Old 29-12-2010

First of you have to be 100 percent sure that the problem is not with the PSU or with the motherboard. If these two things are proper then the last option for you is to try by changing the CPU. Changing the CPU can let this issue off. But normally PSU faults and failing motherboard caused the issued like this. So check for these three things that is PSU, motherboard and finally CPU. Good Luck.
Old 29-12-2010

If your RAM is not getting detected then also you may get the issues like this. So my suggestion to you is check for the proper connection of the RAM to the motherboard. To do that, first remove the power plug from your computer and open the cabinet. Remove the RAM gently and clean that with a soft cloth. Again insert that back to the slot. Try to start the computer. If this time it get started then it is fine but it that is also not able to solve the issue then you can try some other ports. This is one of the most basic things that you need to do in the conditions like this.
Old 06-01-2011

Can you start the computer in safe mode? I am asking this because if you can do that then you can run the system restore and this will restore your system to previous working condition. So start your computer in safe mode and open the system restore utility. Select the date on which it was working well. Click on restore and this will restore the system to that point. All your settings will be taken back to the working stage. Once it will complete the process then it will get booted and you will get your system working again.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,