Thread: Troubleshooting multi-gesture touchpad

Troubleshooting multi-gesture touchpad

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Due to the advancement in technology I have switched myself from desktop to Packard Bell dot laptop and installed windows 7 operating system on it. The Packard Bell dot Netbook has an in built 5-in-1 memory card reader and Bluetooth feature. From last few days I am facing problems with my Packard Bell dot laptop touchpad. I need a solution which will help me in troubleshooting touchpad issue on my laptop.

Re: Troubleshooting multi-gesture touchpad

The touchpad may be malfunctioning because there might be grease or debris buildup on the touchpad. You need to clean the touchpad regularly so that the touchpad can function properly. You may clean the touchpad by alcohol thus the grease or debris which are buildup on your touchpad will be removed. Because of these grease or debris which is build on your laptop sometimes the touchpad may even fail.

If your Packard Bell dot touchpad is not functioning properly then there might be driver issue. You might not be having the latest touchpad driver installed in your computer system. To fix the driver issue you may need to download and install the latest touchpad driver on your Packard Bell dot laptop from the manufacturer website. Updating the touchpad driver may resolve the functioning problem.

If the Packard Bell dot touchpad issue is not solved by installing the latest driver, adjusting the touchpad sensitivity etc then there might be some hardware issue. You can resolve the hardware issue by contacting the manufacturer. Manufacturer will fix the hardware issue which prevents your touchpad to function properly. Also you can buy an external mouse and connect into your system.

You can easily troubleshoot the Packard Bell dot laptop touchpad very easily. You can solve the touchpad issue by adjusting the touchpad sensitivity. You can adjust the laptop sensitivity by going to the Start/ Control Panel and from the control panel window you may need to select hardware and sound. Click on mouse tab and then click on settings button from the new window. From there you can adjust the sensitivity. If your mouse came with the software then you may adjust its settings from the system panel. You may need to move your mouse across the system clock and then click on touchpad. You can click the icon and adjust the settings.