Thread: Opening, editing PowerPoint and PDF documents on IPad

Opening, editing PowerPoint and PDF documents on IPad

Recently I have upgraded my IPad operating system to iOS 4.1 and after upgrading the operating system, my IPad works fine. I have created a PowerPoint presentation for my college. I want to know that can I open or edit PowerPoint presentation sand PDF documents on my IPad. If yes then I need a solution which will help me in opening, editing PowerPoint and PDF documents on my IPad easily. Also suggest me some software if I need to download for doing these work.

Re: Opening, editing PowerPoint and PDF documents on IPad

If you want to open PowerPoint and PDF documents on IPad then you need to install additional software which will help you in opening and editing these documents. You need to download and install “Documents To Go” software which is a freeware application developed by apple company which will support you in opening and editing PowerPoint and PDF documents on IPad. The “Documents To Go” software also includes desktop application which will help you in two way file synchronization.

PDF is a standard for document exchange. Suppose that you are having PDF documents and you want to open these created PDF documents on IPad then in that case you can’t open it directly as you do in your computer system because Microsoft office is installed in your system. You need to install iAnnotate PDF software on your iPad which will help you in editing and opening PDF documents easily.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution I have downloaded iAnnotate PDF software and installed it on my IPad. After the installation it was possible for me to open and edit the PDF documents easily. While viewing PDF documents on my IPad I am facing display problem and therefore I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this display problem easily and view the PDF documents.

You can solve the IPad issue while viewing PDF documents in your IPad very easily by installing new iOS 3.2.2 update on your IPad. You need to follow the steps given below to solve the display issue:
    1. You need to connect the IPad to the computer system by using the USB cable.
    2. After connecting the IPad to computer system, you need to go to Start/ All Programs/ iTunes.
    3. When the iTunes prompts for the latest update then you need to click on Update button.
    4. You need to wait for sometime so that iTunes finishes back up of your data in IPad. New iOS firmware will start to load and then restore your device with the new firmware. Now the display problem whiel viewing PDF documents will be solved.

I have a resume that I emailed to myself and then moved to my Documentd to go and PDF Expert on my iPad. I have the current software on my tablet. I am able to open the file easily but cannot seem to edit it. Will iannotate enable me to do this? Help!!!!

I am not having a problem viewing my documents, I cannot edit them. My tablet has the the most current software version. Do you know if the iannotate app.will allow me to edit? Thanks

Assuming that you are using the most recent version of iPad there are two applications that can help you to edit your files. The first one called as PDF Expert which is for iPad and you can find that on iTunes store. You can highlight a text, make a note or draw on the pdf file via this app. And for working with powerpoint files you will need to use Quickoffice Pro HD.