Thread: Landscape or Portrait?

Landscape or Portrait?

First of all, I would like to tell you that I am very new to iPad. I am leaving this question over here so that I can the idea about the orientation that others are using. I have locked mine in landscape which is having the home button on the right. It never changes that orientation because I don’t like to use the portrait orientation and what about you. Please share your ideas about this. Thank you.

Re: Landscape or Portrait?

The best thing that I like about iPad is that every user can select the orientation that they like and convenient to them. In my case for reading, I like to prefer portrait mode but if I use some application or something like that then I go for landscape mode because it has larger keyboard that provides convenient way to input any information. But this is about my choice. Everyone has their own likeness so you may feel other mode more comfortable for some task.

I normally keep the portrait mode but the good thing about the ipad which I found is the orientation lock. I use the portrait mode. But I also like to tell you that that landscape make use of the screen real estate much more effectively. I think for the old people with low vision should use the landscape on forums because if they use it then it will provide then the bigger text which will be easy to read.

I would like to tell you that there are certain applications that cannot be rotated. But there are luckily very few of them but if you have any app like this then you cannot change the orientation for that application. It will run on the same orientation for which they are made and you cannot do anything with them. They should not such application with the fixed orientation because there are some people who are inconvenient with a particular orientation.

For the tasks like reading magazines, newspapers or any other thing like this, I use the portrait mode. There are many few things for which I use landscape mode like in some apps. There are also some apps that force me to use the landscape because they are having only one orientation mode. So overall I prefer the portrait mode but again it depends on your choice and comfort that what you select.