Thread: Troubleshooting IPad after updating iOS 4.2

Troubleshooting IPad after updating iOS 4.2

I was using IPad from last six months. Last night I was browsing the internet on my IPad and I found the new update for my iOS was released. I downloaded the new update and installed it. After the installation of new update when I started to use IPad then I was facing problems from it. When I opened the browser in my IPad my IPad freezes and I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem in my IPad so that I can browse the internet safely without any problem.

Re: Troubleshooting IPad after updating iOS 4.2

IPad has a built in Wi-Fi with which you can access the internet. Suppose that you have downloaded and installed new update for your iOS platform. After the installation of new update for your iOS platform if you are facing problems then you need to uninstall the update. After the uninstallation you can download the new update, install it and check if the problem exists again. The problem occurs when you have installed corrupted update. To download the update you need to go to the Apple official website.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to solve the problem. Now after installing the new update which I have downloaded from the Apple official website my internet browsing issues were solved. Now I can browse the internet without any problem. After installing new update when I connect the IPad to the computer, My IPad doesn’t recognize and I need a solution so that I can fix this problem and my system can recognize the IPad connected into it.

After connecting the IPad into the system if it doesn’t recognize then you need to follow the steps given below to solve this issue:
    1. You need to connect the IPad into the computer system by making use of USB cord.
    2. Right click on “My Computer” icon from the desktop and select properties.
    3. Click on hardware and then select device manager. You need to click on “+” sign next to the Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    4. You need to search for the USB Mass Storage Device. After selecting USB Mass Storage Device right click on it and then select enable.
    5. Now you can unplug the IPad and then reconnect it into the system. Now the computer system will recognize the IPad connected into it.

If enabling the device manager doesn’t resolve the issue the issue thus still the computer cannot recognize the IPad connected into it then you can resolve this issue by following the steps given below:
    • You need to start the system, and then click on “My computer” icon from the desktop and select “Properties”.
    • Then you need to go to hardware/Device manager. You need to search for “USB Mass Storage Device” in the device manager.
    • Select the USB Mass Storage Device and delete it. After deleting the USB Mass Storage Device you need to select the “Scan for hardware changes” from the Universal Serial Bus Controllers and wait for the PC so that it identified the connected IPad.