Thread: How to use GPS in Nokia E5 mobile phone

How to use GPS in Nokia E5 mobile phone

HELLO all, what is the best system to use GPS on Nokia E5? What is free and works easily and how to install it? I have a problem when I open "card" to access the GPS, I have the world map that appears, I can zoom and search by place, but that's it!! And at the lower right corner, it displays the symbol of a satellite dish but with a red cross it seems to symbolize the non-receipt of a signal with this antenna? Should I do something to activate satellite or should it be automatic? THANKS

Re: How to use GPS in Nokia E5 mobile phone

Normally, the GPS uses sattlelite connection for positioning and A-GPS uses the phone network and internet data connections gives you all the extra information. Incase the phone has only A-gps then it is necessary to have data on your phone. Incase you use a GPS then data is not compulsory. There are many compnies which have good provider but sometimes you have roaming. In most of the contract the roaming is disabled. So, when a mobile needs data to navigate then it wont work when roaming but with GPS you will always get a resolution.

I asked similar questions to the distributors of Nokia and they said that Nokia calls all the GPS in the specs as A-gps. The Nokia E5 mobile phone also has an integrated GPS. Incase a map is not installed and roaming is off then the phone will not be able to download the map if you are outside of your country or if the map of the same country has not been downloaded on your phone. You can eventually get all the maps for free from the Nokia official website.

You have different options in your Nokia E5 where you can use the intgrated GPS chip of both the integrated chip and network support by enabling AGPS and network based navigation. When you enable the AGPS then it needs data connection but it also means that the phone will get a position fix quicker and also within some ranges. There is also some option in the E5 to just use the integrated GPS if you do not wish to incur data charges like when you are roaming.