Thread: Troubleshooting iPod nano 4G sync with Windows 7

Troubleshooting iPod nano 4G sync with Windows 7

I have recently purchased iPod nano 4G which was released by Apple Company. I was using Microsoft windows 7 operating system on my Acer Aspire model AX1800-E9232 from last six months. I am facing problem while synchronizing my IPod with my laptop. Also when I start to sync IPod then my laptop screen freezes and I need to restart my system. I need a solution which will help me in synchronizing my IPod without any problem.

Re: Troubleshooting iPod nano 4G sync with Windows 7

If your IPod fails to synchronize the then you need to check whether your IPod is fully charged. Sometimes due to charging problem IPod fails to synchronize. Then you need to charge the IPod by connecting the IPod to the computer via USB cord. You also need to make sure that you are having latest updates for your IPod. Many a times IPod refuses to synchronize because it is not updated. You can download the updates for your IPod by connecting the IPod to the computer and open the iTunes software which is installed on your computer and search for the updates.

If the IPod synchronization fails then you can reset the IPod by pressing the center wheel, press and hold the "Center" and "Menu" buttons for 10 seconds. After pressing the center button Apple logo will appear on the screen. If the system freezes then you can troubleshoot the system by restarting. When the system restarts, reconnect the iPod, re-launching iTunes try to synchronize the IPod and check if freezing problem occurs.

If you have tried all the above solution but still the problem of synchronizing the IPod has not been resolved then there might be hardware error in your laptop. To solve the hardware error you may need to contact the manufacturer. Manufacturer will solve the hardware error and after the hardware error is resolved you can try to synchronize the IPod again. Now the IPod will be successfully synchronized.

Your IPod doesn’t synchronize because you have installed new software on your system. Newly installed software blocks the iTunes software because which synchronization with the iPod is prevented. You can disable the newly installed software from your system. After completing the synchronization you can again enable the disabled software. You should also make sure that the USB port which you are using to synchronize the IPod is working. If the port is not working then in that case you can try another port.