Thread: iPad won't connect to Thomson tg585 router

iPad won't connect to Thomson tg585 router

Bought an apple ipad wifi 32 gb, in fact it was inevitable it has been connected to itunes and tried to access the network and detects the network but do not connect to my Thomson tg585 router, I have felt this helplessness that I have raised me to sell it now, I have days behind this problem I've seen I'm not the only one facing this problem, today I saw that if I remove the encryption (which I avoid) the router if I can connect, so I need to use a cable which also connects with the usb to itunes and says that is not loading, I thought I was going to go as well as my iphone.

Re: iPad won't connect to Thomson tg585 router

So the problem is your router's encryption and some sort of incompatibility with the encryption. If you use WEP encryption try changing to WPA or WPA2 and tell us how it is working, it happened to me once arranging a macbook, I changed the WEP to WPA and it worked. So i would advice you to remove the encryption of the router to get it detected on your iPad. The problem will be fixed as soon as you remove the encryption.

I just spoke with Apple technical service, They suggested me to perform some steps and have tried several things and finally I managed to connect. I was told there WEP routers that are not 100% compatible, and here's how I have solved:
    You have to go to:
    • Settings -> Wireless -> Other...

There verify the network name and security type (WEP, WPA..), and you give to back. It will prompt you for the password and then you can start browsing.

I my Wi-Fi's I have no password but the network name (ESID) Amended and hidden, and filtering by MAC address of each pileup. Thus, if someone around me wants to enter, you must first give the name of the network (like a password) and then have to change your MAC to one of the few that allow it. I know that with a sniffer program gets out, but it must be an experienced hacker. Has the disadvantage that each new pileup (or if a friend comes and wants to connect), you must edit the table of authorized MACs, but as this does not happen very often. So far I have not had intrusions (knock on wood) and also said that encrypted networks lose some speed in the process of encryption.

I really have an apple IPAD which is connected via wifi at home. As if that serves you write what I've done:
    I have a Scientific Atlanta ONO that the laptop was fine. The IPAD saw the network but not connect. The mode was switched to WEP and WPA2. WAP2 got it to work in a while, but crashed shortly afterwards, the truth is that the blockade was the router and the laptop was also .. I called Apple and they told me that's not up to you to talk to ONO, and they said they would change the channel. Total channel switching and testing several I found one that works well. Apparently if there are more nearby wifi networks on the same channel interference.