Thread: IPAD and DD shared via Time Capsule

IPAD and DD shared via Time Capsule

I have several external drives shared on my network via my Time Capsule These disks appear perfectly on my various Macs, but I can not find how to access it from my iPad. Also tell me how can i share the DD as well as the Printer on my network. For your information Air Video I'm already there but need to install server software, which is not possible on the Time Capsule. Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Re: IPAD and DD shared via Time Capsule

Through iTunes. The question I have on my side is: the preservation of the iPad via TimeMachine is it possible. I wish to know if it is possible to access a Time Capsule (hard drive) from a iPad via application Air Sharing Network HD Hello. It is accessed via a Mac's network on which the Time Capsule is "mounted", but I want to access it directly. I can not. How to set the Time Capsule so I can see the list of available servers.

I do not quite understand just what to do in there Itunes Could you clarify I want to get rid of my Mac Mini in the basement that I use that server for Macs on the floor, put all my DD knew the Time Capsule. It works very well from MacOS, I see all my records on two of my macbooks but I do not know how to do it from the iPad. Anybody done this before please tell me how to achieve this

You can not share directly on the IPAD or DD to backup the IPAD on the Time Capsule. Regarding the video file sharing application ago Air Video works pretty good. It can stream video from a mac to the IPAD or iPhone over wifi or 3G. As for saving the IPAD are performed automatically by iTunes each sync like the iPhone. Absolutely must go through a computer. Now the primary purpose of the Time Capsule is not file sharing but only backup. So there will be no direct sharing between the Time capsule and IPAD.

You can not share directly on the IPAD or DD to backup the IPAD on the Time Capsule. Regarding the video file sharing application ago Air Video works pretty good.
    "Now the primary purpose of the Time Capsule is not file sharing but only the backup" Backup function of CT is for my use, far from its goal. It is primarily my main wireless router, Airport Express extended by strategically placed, and also a great way to share printer and DD on my network via dedicated USB port. I conclude that as long as this feature has not been implemented either through Apple or through the jailbreak, I am condemned to keep a computer just to access my shared files from Ipad and I think it's too bad.

At the same time the IPAD was never designed in such a way that it can replace the MacBook. It's just an iPhone which is quiet bigger that iPhone and with the phone function. In terms of the Time Capsule I use just for backups and as wifi router. If I wanted the storage network share I can took a NAS. In any case the answer to the original question is that it is not possible.