Thread: How to retrieve cleared history from ipad

How to retrieve cleared history from ipad

I would like to know whether it is possible to recover the browser history after it is deleted. Please tell me whether it is possible since last night i have cleared all my history from the safaru browser but now i need a url urgently is there any way to get the browser history back. I have been using the Safari Browser for browsing. I am not a very tech kinda guy please suggest me a solution to get all my history back. It will be appreciated heavily.

Re: How to retrieve cleared history from ipad

Deleted the history of visited pages from your safari web browser. Well if you've deleted it's gone! even if you are trying a system restore to yesterday, it risks nothing at all. Tell me if it allowed you to find traces of your surfing, I'm interested. If it did not work, you should easily find your page if you know you how to use google. this is not a difficult job to do since number of times when i cleared my history i was able to find out the browser history. Go ahead all the best!!!

I think that you will have to use the time machine if you can since i am not aware whether there is a function called time machine in apple iPad. Since on a Mac this is somewhat possible because you can go back to a stage where you have not deleted the history but even the time machines are not always effective. If possible try to search for a similar application for your iPad you might get similar application from appstore.

This is impossible since once you have deleted the history of your browser you can never get it back. So be careful while deleting the browser history always. As far as the time machine is concerned even the time machine cannot get the history back. Even i am not very much sure that there is a time machine option in the apple iPad. TO avoid this case in future always try to backup all your history before deleting and preserve the backup for atleast a month somewhere.

Hello, I wanted to ask if the iPad erases history automatically? I just checked my history and it's only holding 2 days of history. Please let me know? This is the original iPad. Thank you Danielle

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkles76 View Post
    Hello, I wanted to ask if the iPad erases history automatically? I just checked my history and it's only holding 2 days of history. Please let me know? This is the original iPad. Thank you Danielle
    I dont think there is any automatic function that erases history from the iPad, you need to use the manual method for that. First Goto Settings icon on the home screen. After that select Safari option from the left side of the settings screen. Lastly, at the bottom of the right side of Safari screen, you can use respective buttons to delete history, cookies and cache on Safari browse on Apple iPad. You will get prompt to clear internet history.

Quote Originally Posted by pugsly View Post
    I dont think there is any automatic function that erases history from the iPad, you need to use the manual method for that. First Goto Settings icon on the home screen. After that select Safari option from the left side of the settings screen. Lastly, at the bottom of the right side of Safari screen, you can use respective buttons to delete history, cookies and cache on Safari browse on Apple iPad. You will get prompt to clear internet history.

Thank you! I just found out that it doesn't hold history for long. There is a Mac program called I remember you can pay for for and that allows you to have history with the search bar.