Thread: Reducing the PDF file size

Reducing the PDF file size

I am facing very strange problem and I want to discuss with you. I was creating newsletter on my iPad using iWork'05. It was suppose to send around 400 people via email. When I had exported in to pdf the file size became 23mb for the 7 page. I think reason behind is that I have drag and drop the photos in to the picture box. Has anyone idea about this problem? I really want solution on this problem please help me.

Re: Reducing the PDF file size

Well only one thing I can tell you that photos in your document increasing the file size. I suggest you to reduce their file size rather than apply directly on the picture box. You may use iPhoto to reduce the picture size. You can get this application from the official Apple website. You have to download iPhoto in to your Mac. Export the image that you want to reduce in to iPhoto. Select the dropdown to change the file size. Save it on the desired location. Once it gets completed you can transfer that image to iPad from the location where you have saved and apply it on your document.

It was very great to reduce the size of the photo you have used. But it can work in few situations. You have to work more deep to solve the isuue. When you are exporting pdf file you have to select any one option either Good or Better from the Image quality dropdown menu. You can also apply Reduce File Size in ColorSync from the Print dialog box. You have to click Copies & Pages and then go for the ColorSync where you can reduce the file size. Now click on PDF button on the Print dialog box. If it does not work you can go for the compress pdf. Thanks for the previous suggestion.

Above mention steps may work for you but it was not the efficient solution so far. You can reduce the size of the pdf file to the certain limit by using ColorSync filter. It reduces the size but it is not effective. I think some third party application tool may help you to solve your matter. You can search on the Google for such application and I am sure that you will get the right one. I am really thankful to you all for suggesting the solutions.

You can apply the following steps to reduce the PDF file size. Create the desire page. Select picture from the media and drag on iPhoto. You can reduce the size of the photo by right clicking on it. Once you have finished save the file to File/Export/PDF/choose “Good”. Into Finder launch the file recently you have created. You confirm that Auto Resize is checked. Inside the PDF document navigate to File/Save as and you must set the format as PDF. Using Quartz Filter you can reduce the file size. It is the much efficient way to reduce the PDF file size. Please try it will work for you.