Thread: Mbox 2 and Pro Tools 8

Mbox 2 and Pro Tools 8

I am looking forward to buy a new Mbox 2 for my laptop on which I have installed Windows 7 operating system. But before buying it I would like to know that does windows 7 has proper drivers for using it on Windows 7 machine or not. If there won't be any drivers made for using it on the windows 7 then it won't be so useful for me to buy it. Please provide all the informations about the Mbox 2 and Pro Tools 8.

Re: Mbox 2 and Pro Tools 8

I bought a new Mbox2 which came with ProTools 7.3 (fully compatible with win 7). So I tried to install the drivers for windows 7 64 bit without installing protocols = failure, saturated sound (like a digital echo). I have tried a 20 times to reinstall the driver.... until I reboot! Apparently Protools 8 will work with Windows 7, but I am doomed with PT 7.3 According to the mail records of the product. I installed the driver yet, but I read elsewhere that it is imperative that the PT to install drivers are installed correctly. So I try to install PT 8 free serial number just for the drivers. It's normal that in 2010 there has hardly come out of drivers for win7?? I counted over a bit on you to advise me if it would be a miracle solution. Some say that without Mbox2 protools is a bit dumb ... ie that people obtain Mbox2 especially for PT ...? I'm starting to regret my choice, thanks tell me I'm wrong!

You try to do something that is not possible. For now, Windows 7 is not supported by the PT8. The 8.0.3 update introduces support for Windows 7 but only in beta. It is therefore essential that you installed version 8, followed by SHIFT in 8.0.3 if you plan to use Windows 7. And yet, it's not guaranteed because that says beta, says work in progress. If you really want to use the Mbox, it's better if you install XP or Vista.

The card also works as a sound card and MIDI interface without Pro Tools LE. With the installation of PT7 or 8, there are drivers that allow you to use the Mbox as a sound card, and therefore used to hear the sound when you listen to a CD, watching a movie, etc.. But only as a stereo source. The card itself only makes sense as a tool for music if you use it with Pro Tools. So if you do not use PT The accounts, it is better to sell your Mbox and take a card with Windows drivers 7 and used with any sequencer or audio application.

Right ... it is the side "closed" ProTools emerges a little there. If your priority is to use ProTools (for its simplicity and ease of use), you will not miss an interface Digidesign, M-Audio or a Mackie Onyx i-series. Note that these cards can also be used to power other programs ... But I really would put the priority on these cards if you have ProTools in sight. When you want to use another program (and there are plenty ...), I'd take another interface, either Apogee if you want work with Logic, RME, MOTU, TC Electronic, etc....with other programs. These cards sound as good or better than the dedicated interfaces ProTools, and often offer more inputs / outputs for the same price.