Thread: Is it possible to use AirPlay on a Mac

Is it possible to use AirPlay on a Mac

I have heard many good things about an AirPlay which helps a lot when you want to use the third party application from Apple TV. Anyway, I am not having an Apple TV but I have an iPad which uses Mac OS X on which I am looking forward to use an Airplay, Can anybody tell me that is it possible to use or not? Has anybody used it on iPad or any other Mac PC?

Re: Is it possible to use AirPlay on a Mac

Airplay has happened very recently and is already beginning to see the comments a lot of complaints about the limited level of compatibility with certain applications. An application that called as an AirVideoEnabler just made its appearance on Cydia to unlock the limitations of AirPlay for the ability to surf the TV via Apple's iPad. But still as said by the genuine users, It has some bugs that need to sorted out soon.

Since the last firmware update 4.2.1 Apple has officially "released" the airplay function. So that films can be transferred from the iPhone or on Apple TV iPad directly. Unfortunately, the whole works only with movies of their own Library, and QuickTime movies from Safari. The free add-on Cydia AirVideoEnabler (BigBoss repo) but enables the streaming of any movie, etc from any application. Compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch from iOS 4.2.1. overslept A wonderful extension that Apple has once again.

A major negative point at AirPlay is the fact that the function refers only to specific apps, which were developed by Apple. Even the Safari browser did not receive the function. Also, third-party apps to the iPhone maker is currently having with the new service from the outside. This has, among other things means that as video on the popular VLC media player to play on the iPad, can not be viewed on a TV.

A grievance that can well understand a user right. The rationale for this decision Apples are not currently known. As well, there is the hacker scene and for the IOS device gets jailbreak at the Cydia Store. Interestingly, Apple has apparently implemented system-wide function while, but probably not properly activated, as the developer Erica Sadun, according to a report from Engadget apparently discovered now. Apparently even a single line of code is required to provide the functionality for all the apps allow. A developer called Zone-MR has now a necessary tool in the Cydia App Store made. This allows all users to which they have subjected iPad a jailbreak, from use immediately AirPlay with all apps and also with Apple's own Safari browser.