Thread: Replacing keyboard of my Dell Studio 1558 laptop

Replacing keyboard of my Dell Studio 1558 laptop

So here this evening from the keyboard of my dell studio 1558 laptop does Plus no keys function as yesterday I had no going to Control Panel / keyboard and tell myself that there is no problem. Whether on Windows (XP) or Start buttons do no function I made a restoration of earlier this week and still nothing. My keyboard is definitely dead or till there is hope. If it died what would it take to change?. Thank you to you for your help. I think my laptop keyboard need to be replaced. Also tell me what it would cost me to replace my laptop’s keyboard.

Re: Replacing keyboard of my Dell Studio 1558 laptop

Your problem with the keyboard does not work with memory transitive. So you need to follow the following instruction:
    • Remember the last configuration or the keyboard works very well (remember the date)
    • Follow the following path:
    • Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore.
    • Day or you select the keyboard works very well.
    • Restart your PC

Simply follow the instructions which are mentioned below in order to get the problem fixed.

1. Remove the two screws at the top of the keyboard.
    2. NOTE: The key caps on the keyboard are shifted fragile, easily, and replace time. Be careful when removing and handling the keyboard.
    3. Lift the keyboard, and grasp and easy access to the keyboard port.
    4. To disconnect the keyboard cable to keyboard port on the system board, rotate the keyboard connector latch toward the front of the computer.
    5. Slide the keyboard cable connector on the keyboard.
    6. Screws (2) 2. Keyboard 3. keyboard tabs (5) 4. Keyboard Cable 5. Keyboard lock connector. Replace laptop keyboard.

A little something a little crazy: If you are a very good handyman, you can do with the clay mold, by pasting the unrecovered, melt the hard plastic is poured into the hole! When he begins to harden, you write the letter "M" on it! You can do it with screwdrivers of various sizes, as you press gently on your plastic. Then, using a small brush you paint the hollow screwdriver that did it! Then you can, if the key does not enter the file a bit. I know, it really seems to be DIY, but I've made small molds for things that had nothing to do with it, but that worked great.

Most laptops keyboard is removed from the top. Therefore, we need not unscrew a single screw, but a flat screwdriver handy. Above the keys F1, F8 and PrintScreen, there are small hooks. They hold the keyboard in order to not drop out when we turn the laptop upside down. After the keyboard is popped out simply try to fix the newer keyboard on to the slot and then fix all the screws back again. Now your keyboard will definitely start working.

The whole philosophy of the exchange is limited to four points:
    1. Hooks Bend gently in the direction of the matrix, and undermines the keyboard. Best to do it one by one, starting from the left side. So Bend screwdriver hook and undermines the keyboard slightly, move to the next ... etc.
    2. When you have all the fixings turn it and put on the so-called. Touch-Pad, you will see a strip that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
    3. We put forward the tape (in my case the left). We have extracted the keyboard. Mount the new should no longer be a bother, we do likewise. Insert the tape and slide it from the top, so that the lower latches come to the right place, then hit her in the tabs.