Thread: Digital compass on WIFI iPad not work with Star apps/Google Maps

Digital compass on WIFI iPad not work with Star apps/Google Maps

I am using iPad right now from past 5 months. I am not having GPS in my iPad. Instead of using GPS I am using The Maps app that helps me to locate my position. When I use to locate myself it doesn’t locate even when I am at home Wi-Fi. I think there is some bug in the software. Anyone having the solutions please let me know? I will really thankful to you if you tell me any trick or apps that solve my problem.

Re: Digital compass on WIFI iPad not work with Star apps/Google Maps

Well according to your situation I can tell you that the compass in iPad has poor performance than that of iPhone 3G. Even at indoor the compass fails to suggest right position. Many times it prompts that it has experiencing interference. I suggest you to reset the compass in the iPad. GPS in the iPad is working better than the iPhone. I got better GPS lock at indoor where the iPhone is unable to do in the same situation.

Well I am suggesting you to download MagnetoMeter from the Apple website. It’s a free app available. It works very well. It shows the North direction accurately. It also allows you to see Magnetic flux. It works in indoor as well as where the other apps are failed since all the apps are failed to locate you when there was no Wi-Fi signal. I hope above mentioned app will help you to solve your problem . All the best!

Well you should do the following steps to find out the problem. You should check the location service is working properly. In the map tap on the blue icon , once it gets the location of yours, touch it again. It will display orientation. If it works properly then it is sure that it has problem with starwalk app only. If you are unable to find your orientation through Maps then make sure that you don’t have any magnetic interference nearby you.

All the application that provides direction and location based application work on the data gathered and services given by the third party applications. All the data service provided may change on time to time basis. So it may be possible that desired geographic area is not available in the app. It provides inaccurate information. Suppose you have insufficient Wi-Fi signal then it will be unable to locate your position.

Well if you all the ways are not solving your problem then you can for the restoring your iPad. Make sure that you should take back up of the data before you do anything. If you are having still problem with iPad then you contact official Apple support channel. They will definitely solve your problem. It is the most reliable and efficient solution to solve the issue. I will be very delighted if any of above will solve your problem.