Thread: How to remap LPT1 for HP Printer on Windows 7

How to remap LPT1 for HP Printer on Windows 7

I am using one DOS Software on Virtual Windows XP Mode. DOS Software does not detects the USB Ports and it is not even able to run under Windows 7. Manifestly the 'TS' ports in Virtual Windows XP mode operate like USB ports since DOS Software prints reaches nothing to my HP printer! Can you guys tell me why, This was working on the Windows Xp. So, if I can confine the output which my accounting program which is basically a DOS based program that gives files to printer then expectantly I can shift the files to Windows 7. Once I would be able to do this then I expect to use the TYPE command in order to send the file directly to printer.

Re: How to remap LPT1 for HP Printer on Windows 7

First remark, you would be interested in putting it into the USB port if it supports it. Otherwise you do not tell us what is your system exploitation, it would be helpful. Apparently PC have never used this printer, I guess the printer has never stepped on, then two things will happen for one reason or another is LPT1 HS, or it is disabled ( or at least not properly activated) in the BIOS, you should take a look and tell us what appears to be related.

Windows XP SP 3, I have a laser printer (HP LaserJet 2100) connected to the parallel port. Last few days my Windows no longer communicates with the printer ("Print Error" in the working window of the printer). At each time Windows starts, I am forced to delete the LPT1 port, reboot, then reinstall XP LPT1 and printer, and then it works (until the next Windows startup or the printer does not work over again!). I said before, I connected the USB printer with a parallel cable converter / USB (on a virtual USB port). I removed the cable, as well as all the drivers and dll files that were with him, since it does not work on parallel port. Does anyone have any idea? I can even remove and reinstall as LPT1 whenever I need my printer.

How your Bios is configured? Under PNP IRQ 7 to the book "the ISA" and check along with your / / port is configured as LPT1 and IRQ7. It is with the USB that we have problems in general (normal, there is no free resource to effectively ger) not with the LPT port. I imagine that your LPT cable is bi-directional? Your OS is it also or undeclared mode PnP? Avoid logo or your motherboard manufacturer's "brand" of your PC and choose the "Boot" BIOS start "Slow". This allows you to "contemplate" the pretty picture of your system during the memory count...you can also press "pause" at this stage to take notes (always useful in case of loss of BIOS setup - either because of the old battery or external card manipulation without disconnecting the machine from sector for example ).... any key to continue the boot sequence. Do not add hardware that would share its resources with the LPT port? Otherwise, you can also change the port resources attibuées / / via the bios...that the blow if XP is not in PnP, will require it to use these new resources such as the Bios will be assigned! So, XP will tell you that new hardware is detected, and in principle it is possible that you do not even need to provide the driver again.

I now have a computer to change the same problem. In my small, but very good DOS program I can print device only specify as LPT1. Now is also my new printer (Konica Minolta Magic Color 2450) only via USB and my Dell Dimension with Win XP has no more LPT1. Now I have instructions to create a home network and at the DOS level, said command "net use lpt1: \ \ computer name \ printer name" is entered and I get the error message:

"Systemfehlre occurred 67th The network name was not found."
    If I have this silly DOS program does not urgently needed, it would not be a problem.

Go to Start -> Run the command line with spaces correctly indicated below. Enter it then appeared after about 2 milliseconds for a pop-up and my DOS program is also now the printer command to get out without a murmur. Prior to this command error is a device was displayed. So far so good. But the printer does not print. I have a feeling I'll send the print job somewhere to nirvana. Do I connect the printer via network or is the USB connection?