Thread: External speakers does not produce any sound in Dell Dock station

External speakers does not produce any sound in Dell Dock station

I had bought a Dell Latittude D630 laptop system around six months back , I have installed Windows 7 operating system in it, I use external speakers to listen music in it , so whenever I listen to any music file I connect external speakers to it . I have got Creative Labs speakers external speakers , but when I play any audio file in it the sound does not come out of the external speakers that I have connected to it , but the sounds come out of the integrated speakers in it. My integrated speakers work well. This mostly happens when I play in the Dell Docking Station , according to you what can be the possible reason for the no sound issue in the speakers , if you have any idea how I can get rid of this issue. Please give your quick response as soon as possible.

Re: External speakers does not produce any sound in Dell Dock station

As you mentioned you get the sound from your integrated speakers in your laptop. It looks as if speakers are not connected properly . So that can only be the possible reason . Please ensure that all the cables are plugged in entirely without any free connections. You should have checked in these things first then you should have posted your question in the forum.

Well if you ask me I think it seems the issue is with the docking station , you can test your speakers directly to your computer without docking your laptop, so if the issue is with docking the speakers should work well. You can also try and check to connect the speakers with some other devices as well , this way you can check the working of both the docking and the speakers.

Well I reckon the issue is not with wiring or speakers, I think it should actually work fine I have the similar sort of issue with my Dell 620 utilizing the same docking station, Actually I had upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 I too had played it in my one of the colleagues identical machine who had Windows XP service pack three id did not had any sort of issue , if you think you have an issue with the docking station you should contact the docking station manufacturer.

I too had the same problem in my laptop system . I too was playing all the media files through the Docking station, I was having Windows xp operating system in my laptop system . Due to advance requirement I had installed Windows 7 operating system in my system , so I too started facing the same issue that you are facing currently , so what I did I reinstalled my Windows xp operating system , then some day I played the files via Docking Station and the problem disappeared , I think this issue is with Windows 7 operating system only.