Thread: Troubleshooting flickering screen of Sony VAIO Z Series

Troubleshooting flickering screen of Sony VAIO Z Series

I was having Microsoft widows XP operating system installed on my desktop. Due to the advancement in technology I have switched myself from desktop to Sony VAIO Z Series laptop. I have also upgraded my operating system to windows 7. From last few days I am facing problem with my Sony VAIO Z Series laptop. The screen starts to flicker so I restarted the system but the problem was not resolved. I need a solution to troubleshooting this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting flickering screen of Sony VAIO Z Series

The screen may be flickering because of bad cable. If the cable used for connecting the monitor and the CPU is damaged then screen problem may occur. If the cable is damaged then you may replace it with the new cable. Now the screen flickering problem will be resolved after replacing the cable. The screen might flicker due to lose connection. Make sure that all the cable connection is properly fixed.

The Sony VAIO Z Series laptop screen may flicker due to graphics problem. You may solve the flickering screen problem by resetting or updating the graphics software. You need to go to Start/My Computer/ Properties and in the system properties click on the Device Manager. You need to click on the + sign next to the Display Adapters. Right click on the video adapter and click on uninstall button and the video driver will be uninstalled. Browse the manufacturer website for driver and install the driver. After installation flickering problem will be resolved.

The screen of the Sony VAIO Z Series laptop may be flickering because of cable problem. You may need to disconnect cable making sure that cable connection is secured and tightly screwed up. Now you need to reboot the computer. After rebooting the computer turn on the monitor and check whether the screen flickering problem has been resolved. If the problem of screen flickering is not resolved then you may contact manufacturer and replace the laptop if possible.

If the screen of the Sony VAIO Z Series laptop flickers then you can fix this problem my resetting the resolution rate. If you are using windows 7 operating system on of Sony VAIO Z Series laptop then you may fix the resolution by going to the Start/ Control Panel. In the control panel window you need to search and click on “Display” icon. Click on change display settings on the left hand side. Change the resolution to 800 x 600. Also you need to make the settings for refreshing the monitor by clicking on “Advanced Settings” and change the refresh rate to 60 hertz. The flickering problem may be resolved.