Thread: HP ProBook's HDD requires Encryption

HP ProBook's HDD requires Encryption

I have recently bought a HP ProBook 4510s. I have lot of confidential data and records in it. For that purpose I have only choice is use a encryption tool. The password protection is not secure as you know because there are lots of password recovery tools are available and anyone can reveal the password by a brute force attack. I cannot back up it in other portable device or online storage also. So the encryption of data would be safe way as far as I know. But I am out idea about what kind of software should I need to use to do this. Which is the best software do you think? I have used Truecrypt before. It is good but not for me. So I am looking for any other free options to do this? Best one will be much appreciated.

Re: HP ProBook's HDD requires Encryption

For an Hp you need to use the software that was offered by HP itself. I have found one good software in HP site called Drive Encryption for HP Protect Tools. This wrap up presents the Hard disk Drive Encryption for HP. This ProtectTools Software is only for the supported notebook models and OS like Windows XP professional to Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit). The latest version is 5.0.6.0. The Drive Encryption for HP ProtectTools Software offers total-volume data encryption along with OS for predetermined HDD partitions. NOTE: consecutively for the software in this pack up to effort properly, the HP ProtectTools Security Manager required to be installed in your ProBook.

There is no need of external Tools for this process. Make use of data encryption software from HP (HP ProtectTools) to mix up the fillings of your HDD. This will formulate your information fewer effortless to break, and it will in addition padlock down your HDD with all partition so it cannot be worn on a further machine. To set in motion this choice, subsequent to installing HP ProtectTools software, restart your system, push the F10 key whereas it is early shown up, and make use of the arrow keys to elected "Security">"Setup password”> "Embedded Security Device>”Enable">"Save Changes" and "Exit."

Control Break's SafeBoot Device Encryption utilizes complete HDD partitions encryption, furthermore called as power-off encryption. It encrypts a computers’ HDD and alters the Windows MBR so that the computer desires a log-on name or username and password during the startup or boot. The thought is that the information is absolutely difficult to get to if any other person turns on the computer exclusive of the appropriate confirmation. Thus, it’s sheltered when the system is in off mode. When you turn on the computer, the objects on the HDD is decrypted, and at the compassion of computer worms and any additional threat that achieves right to use to the device.

I think for your confidential record in HP probook, the best method is the Power-on encryption. These techniques are not lacking limitations. To guarantee efficiency, an administrator obliged to perceive that every essential file types are scheduled within the configuration and that the entire objects designate encrypted is stored in folders standards in favor of encryption. For that reason, it’s achievable for clients to keep susceptible records in such a manner that it’s obtainable in an unencrypted appearance. The Credant Mobile Guardian encryption uses this power-on feature or method.