Thread: Help for Acer Extensa 4420 DC Power Jack

Help for Acer Extensa 4420 DC Power Jack

I bought an Acer Extensa 4420 few months back and having problems with the DC Power Jack. I think it would be better to directly replace this DC power jack with the new one. At least there won't be any problematic conditions with the new power jack. This jack is not at all working properly as there is guarantee that when this jack will stop working due to which it has became bit risky to use it with my laptop. Can you guys suggest me that where can I get this jack?

Re: Help for Acer Extensa 4420 DC Power Jack

The DC power jack in a DC, such as a laptop, is a connector through which you should connect the adapter to the device. As this is a game that takes a little stress of pushing the plug in and withdrew to a variety of angles, it will probably over time detached from the motherboard Cell. A broken or loose plug DC can cause additional damage to the motherboard due to laptop heat being generated by a bad electrical connection on the board.

The socket is soldered to the DC motherboard of most laptops. In many cases the decision may be resoldered DC to the motherboard, but most of the time constant of making stirring to get a good connection damaged the inside of the socket DC. Most repair professionals would recommend a new jack mounted CD on the laptop motherboard, rather than trying to simply resolder the jack jack old DC. Repair (more precisely defined, replacement) of the jack of DC power in notebooks is something most laptop repair centers do not really want to do. This is a specialized service requiring the technician be skilled in the printed circuit board soldering and desoldering. Even the manufacturers do not want to deal with DC Jack replacement. They prefer to simply replace the motherboard of the laptop for more than $ 800 in some cases.

As computer store in a large corporation, a colleague brought me a Acer laptop with the same problem as you. After full investigation and dismantling the computer the problem became public: the socket of the power supply, ie the base soldered on the motherboard is broken and the contact with the male plug (the plug power supply side) is done only when you move the power supply plug. The solution is to find a base and the same change on the motherboard. Hoping you have lit.