Thread: Nokia Ovi Player does not work with Windows 7

Nokia Ovi Player does not work with Windows 7

I have recently purchased a nokia N8 and i am just having a look at its features from a few days. I am just amazed with the features. I also had a look at the ovi application where in i can add the songs and create a playlists of my own choice and listen in my nokia n8. However during the installation i found out that it is not supporting ovi. My laptop is giving me some errors while i am trying to install the ovi application. My laptop runs on the Windows 7 operating system. Can that be a reason behind this problem. I really don't have any idea. I have asked many of my friends and they don't seem to have such problems. So where does my problem lie. Please help me with these one.

Re: Nokia Ovi Player does not work with Windows 7

Looking at the problem i can say that nokia ovi is not totally compatible with the windows 7 operating system. One advice that i would definitely like to give you is that try searching the nokia websites for the necessary updates so that you can get to download the necessary update for the nokia ovi player. However till then try running it in the vista compatibility mode and see if it is able to run successfully there. Just try and let me know if it works.

Well i would advice you to run a Windows Installer Clean Up Utility. This utility will be handy to you because it will clean up the installation files in your system and will keep the program files in the system. After you are done with the running of the utility then start with the new installation of the nokia ovi. A new installation file will be added. See whether it makes any difference. I think it must work for you.

Well i have tried working with the windows xp pack. Let me tell you it has not given me any issue. It has worked fine and it has really not given me any issue during the sign up as well as during the download of the songs. Even the ovi player was working fine in my laptop. So i would ask any one having problem with the windows 7. Do run it in the xp pack it will definitely work for you. Hope my suggestion has helped you.

I would definitely advice you to look for the latest versions of the ovi player in the internet. There are various versions which have come that are compatible with the windows 7. So if you are thinking that only xp is compatible then you are wrong. I would suggest you to download the Nokia Ovi Player 2.1.10304.00 version as i have heard it is totally made for the windows 7. Just try installing that version of the windows ovi player and let me know if it works for you.