Thread: Special Characters in SMS turn them shorter (70 characters instead of 160 characters)

Special Characters in SMS turn them shorter (70 characters instead of 160 characters)

Problem: This is just an concern for non-English speaking country. That is why this is not a huge contract for the North-Americans that (at length) from time to time just do not recognize what are we discussing about.In any cell phone (as well as iPhone including), at what time you write down a SMS by means of special characters similar to "ç","á","é","Ã*","ó","ú","ñ","ä", etc, the SMS are restricted on the way to just 70 characters as a substitute of 160 characters for the reason that a extensive programming is required! As a result, you give 3x the value of an SMS if you write 160 characters that mean it will send three sms two of 70 characters and one of 20 characters. In addition to that, the hazard of the SMS not being delivered is high for the reason that it is in reality sending 3 SMS at one time as well as every so often it gets out of order in the way.

Re: Special Characters in SMS turn them shorter (70 characters instead of 160 characters)

As a result, on the way to resolve this problem, there is a characteristic in any Nokia cell phone approximately for 10 YEARS known as: "SMS Extended Character Set”.If you turn it ON, it make use of extensive character set by means of 70 font per SMS furthermore the objective cell phone obtain every special font: "ç","á","é","Ã*","ó","ú","ñ","ä"If this is turn OFF: the cell phone permit on the way to write special font, by means of 160 font per SMS, however repeatedly alter the special font on the way to their fundamental equivalent "c","a","e","i","o","u","n","a" at what time sending the SMS. It is a superior thing OS4 has at the moment the quality answer (that turns to 70 at what time writing a particular character) however at a standstill is extremely irritating for the reason that iPhone has auto-complete as well as auto-correct furthermore for all time advise the "correct" word! One severe case is the Portuguese word "abraço" it is how we finish approximately all the SMS we send as well as at what time you write it similar to "abraco" (without the "ç"), iPhone correct automatically to "abraço" each time!

Re: Special Characters in SMS turn them shorter (70 characters instead of 160 characters)

That is in reality attractive.As well, the character gets yet weirder at the same time as German Umlauts (ä ö ü) do not alter the SMS offset on the way to x / 70.(I was just wondering whether I just had not become aware of this earlier than, however German appear on the way to work completely superior)What's still more haphazard is:At the same time as the accent “ aigu” on the A (á) activate it, the severe (Ã*) does not.On the E, on the other hand, it is the other means approximately. é remain it at x/160, è modify to x/70.'ñ' works, in reality, yet the 'nordic' Ã¥ or else ø do function. The SMS character set is actually haphazard.

It would be my thoughtful that at what times the quantity of font goes up, it would be cause by the character being go into is in fact entered in an HTML format.This is just an estimate at the same time as I have observed this earlier.I am familiar with on my Nexus One that if you place in 'ç' it in reality alters the message on the way to a multimedia message.Saying that despite the fact that, the HTML for 'ç' is 'ç' as a result it is not in reality that much more font. However following that from Apples side it may possibly be enfold in more code.I am just estimate to be truthful as well as attempting on the way to offer some type of explanation to what may possibly be causing it.

I, for one, was not attentive of this fussy problem; however it DOES reveal a inflexibility on the part of Apple at what time it comes on the way to executing easy things that have been accessible on mobile phones dating previous to several of the extremely first cell phone.To the extent that I love my iPhone 4, there are a number of features that I have on my initial Nokia that I would like to observe in the IOS.

You presently acquire the words accurate of my mouth! (I do not be familiar with if this be valid in English however it is a conversion of a extremely used phrase in Portuguese that means that "you whispered accurately what I was on the way to speak" ) That’s it! I truly love my iPhone 4 however it at a standstill miss so many fundamental characteristics that my five year older Nokia encompass. It is a real embarrassment. The watchful are an additional one. I am able to just characterize an alert five minutes previous to the event or else 15 min or else 30 min or else 1 hour or else 2 hours or else 1 day …silly! Why cannot we characterize an alert 6 hours prior to?