Thread: If I jailbreak my iPhone will it cause performance issue?

If I jailbreak my iPhone will it cause performance issue?

Hello, now I am planning to JailBreak my first iPhone ever however I at a standstill have a number of queries I want answered previous to I put together the leap on the way to perform it.Do the Jailbreak programs take up a large amount memory or space on the IPhone 3g? How much mb these applications required? Furthermore, I have study others post as well as I am questioning if a jailbraked my iPhone has further of a "lag" as compare to a stock one? Please allow me be familiar with, yet if it is a negligible one. Thanks for the assist! Your valuable suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: If I jailbreak my iPhone will it cause performance issue?

No. As per my knowledge Jailbreaking does not encompass any impact on performance.A word of concern despite the fact that: at the same time as the jailbreaking procedure does not cause performance troubles, it does formulate it likely on the way to install a number of software that has been identified to cause performance troubles. Stuffs similar to WinterBoard, MobileSubstrate, as well as Intelliscreen will acquire up extra RAM (as well as a bit of CPU moment). Occasionally the performance charge of such characteristic is value it to several users, further times it is not.For myself I do not make use of WinterBoard (because of the RAM usage), even though my cell phone is jailbroken. I have got a lot of packages installed as of from a variety of Cydia repos, as well as have experienced accurately nil performance troubles.

It depends on what is it that's cause problem.The performance problem caused by WinterBoard as well as MobileSubstrate (the mainly frequent culprits) will certainly vanish if you take away the consequent packages. I cannot remark on Intelliscreen (not have yet used it for myself), however I think that the similar be relevant to it.

Thanks for the fast respond! I be familiar with this is going to be a dumb query, however I do not state to be a PC wiz within the least bit, as a result if I be one of the citizens who determined the performance charge was not value the characteristic furthermore I proceed on the way to delete the program. It is 100% vanished as well as will not take up at all RAM, correct? The performance troubles it may possibly have cause would be disappeared as well, furthermore the cell phone would be as fast as it was earlier than, correct?

Similar here. I was making use of an wide theme for a whilst, as well as there was lag. Not a huge contract of lag, however sufficient to become aware of. I decided on the way to nil the theme (I was being jaded of it), as well as went by means of what you observe, in addition the AOL "You have Got Mail" for at what time I obtain email, as well as Status Notifier. Obviously, I have a group of Applicatiuons (Backgrounder as well as NES Emulator and Cycorder, etc) that I acquire for Cydia, however those would not have an effect on performance unless I am making use of them.