Thread: iPhone as USB storage device

iPhone as USB storage device

I am consistently losing mu flash drives. I thought if there is way for my iPhone to use as storage device. There is lots of way to do this. Many applications and accessories are available in the market to solve my problem. I am using iPhone 3G with iOS 4 installed in it. It is not jailbroken till today. If there is good application is available ten I am ready to pay for the same. I hope you will provide me appropriate solution.

Re: iPhone as USB storage device

I can give you simplest solution to wear your flash drive around your neck. But in case of using your iPhone as a pen drive you have to jailbreak your iPhone. Once you have done jailbreak you must make use of iTunes and Wi-Fi. If there is no connection with computer then you can’t make use of iPhone as flash drive. To use your iPhone as USB drive you have to jailbreak your iPhone. I hope it will help you to solve your problem.

According to your situation I am suggesting you a software utility which will help you to solve your problem. You can download i-Funbox. It is great file manager software for the iPhone. This software provides you general storage area which can be use as mass storage. Simply install this software. I think you have to do jailbreak before installing this software. I will suggest you other apps when I will know about them afterward.

Once you create Disk on the iPhone you have left with 3 choices viz. Drive + iTunes, Default, Drive Only They can be described as follow. In Drive + iTunes you can make use of the iPhone as USB flesh drive as well as you can do synchronization with iTunes. In Default mode iPhone you cannot install daemon application as well as you are unable change settings of USB. In Drive only you can use your iPhone as USB storage device but it disables synchronization with iTunes.