Thread: SkullCandy FullMetal Jacket headphones does not work with iphone 4

SkullCandy FullMetal Jacket headphones does not work with iphone 4

I am facing an issue with my SkullCandy Full Metal Jacket headset , the problem occurs when I connect it with my iPhone 4 which has steel antenna, I am not able to do any sort of phone calls using the headset, I think the issue is with the interference but I am not sure about it so I will be glad to listen some comments on it that can lead to the solution. My buttons on the headset does not work as well , so it will be helpful of you post your valuable comments.

Re: SkullCandy FullMetal Jacket headphones does not work with iphone 4

You said your headset does not work when you connect it with your iphone , let me tell you that there is a symbol that emerges on the on the screen whenever you plug any headphones into any telephonic device such as mobile phone , this symbol resembles to a head phone , can you see that symbol. Another thing is that you will be able to work it on the low interference when you are not using the phone. You have not clearly mentioned that are you able to listen any music file , or just you are unable to do any phone calls.

I am not an technician by profession, but there are possibly a few resolutions that would solve this problem. Apple should have added a code to iOS 4 for the headphone jack control that acknowledges the kind of headphone being utilized. In case you are using an older 3-function headphone , then the phone would toggle to using a well-suited mode for the headphone controls without human intervention.

The other fix to this problem would be for Skullcandy to design again their FMJ headphones to use the precise specification similar to the Apple 5-function headphones that should have a volume control Moreover way, Skullcandy should recognize this problem and make it obvious to potential buyers of the headsets that you have bought are not well-suited with the iPhone 4. I think you should contact with the technical support for further assistance.

I am quite sure that there are no issue with my the Skullcandy headset since they seems to be brand new. I , in the beginning called Skullcandy tech support and they gave me a RMA which is a Merchandise Authorization accepting that there was a issue with my headphones. So they took the first pair and I got a new one replaced , I do not think that this Skullcandy have any sort of compatibility issue with the iphone.