Thread: How to Troubleshoot a Acer aspire 7004WSMi Laptop with Blank Screen on Boot Up

How to Troubleshoot a Acer aspire 7004WSMi Laptop with Blank Screen on Boot Up

I am facing a weird problem with the Acer aspire 7004WSMi laptop which I am using with Windows Xp operating system. The laptop was working correctly till yesterday at time time it shut itself down but today when I trying to boot my Acer aspire 7004WSMi laptop it does not boot at all. When the power button is clicked, the laptop displays the Acer screen and after that only black screen is visible on the laptop. I am not able to make out what is the reason behind the problem and hence require your assist in solving the problem. Please recommend some solution.

Re: How to Troubleshoot a Acer aspire 7004WSMi Laptop with Blank Screen on Boot Up

Make sure the power adapter of the laptop as well as make sure that it is still correctly plugged into the back of the machine. As well as ensure the monitor brightness settings for your screen. There are committed monitor brightness keys on the keyboard, usually situated just on top of the numeric keys. If the brightness has by chance been turned all the way down, this will consequence in a screen that show entirely dark or blank. You have to turn the brightness up.

Re: How to Troubleshoot a Acer aspire 7004WSMi Laptop with Blank Screen on Boot Up

Make sure the position of your laptop battery itself. There be supposed to be a battery indicator on the laptop that is associated to the battery. This indicator is either on the bottom of the laptop or on the side. If there is no indicator, your battery itself may be the difficulty, as well as may need replacing. Remember that older batteries of the nickel-cadmium variety are more likely to discharge over time as well as forget their first maximum charge level; this may be an exacting problem to users of older laptops.

Locate a VGA connector as well as hook up your laptop to an outside monitor if the above steps have not alleviated the blank-screen issue. Turn on the laptop and the external monitor. Does the outside monitor light up? If so, the blank screen is possibly because of a video subset issue/LCD issue in your laptop.try this once i hope you will get solution to your problem

Open up your display to make sure on the backlight performance. Take out the screws that run around the bezel, or perimeter, of your laptop's screen. Utilize a Phillips screwdriver. Pull the bezel watchfully off the display, starting at one corner as well as working around the bezel until it is totally removed.mau this information will assist you to get some solution about your problem.