Thread: Netflix App Fails to Play Content over WiFi

Netflix App Fails to Play Content over WiFi

I have recently upgraded two of my products one is the iPhone while the other is the iPad. The iPhone i have upgraded it to the 3G while for the iPad to Netflix 1.1.0. Now whenever i try to play something in the iPad or stream videos with wifi then the particular video files cannot be watched properly in iPad. The same is the case while downloading the files. While downloading files the downloading bar appears and after some time it disappears. The iPhone with the 3G is running perfectly fine. Now what can be the issue with the iPad. Though i have not tried testing in the different wifi network. Any one having any idea. Do suggest me some solutions.

Re: Netflix App Fails to Play Content over WiFi

If you ask me then i would definitely advice you to test your iPad with the other wifi networks present across the other wifi networks. Sometimes there could be an issue with the router of the wifi network. So this could possibly be the solution for you. However in my case there does not seem to be any issue with the netflix application running in my iPhone with the wifi as well as the 3G network. However you try with the above said solution and do let me know if it works for you.

I would definitely advice you to change your router and get it replaced by any of the firmwares from the tomato firmware manufacturers. These firmwares give more options to the wireless connections and with features like WDS and wireless client modes it definitely gives you more option and benefits with the wireless connectivity. So my advice would be to definitely change the router that you are using and replace it by a tomato firmware.

Well one advice that i would like to give you is that try changing the DNS server. Try changing the DNS server to any of the public DNS server and then see the changes. In my case i have done exactly the same procedure and it has worked for me. The iPad is working in both wifi as well as the 3G. I had changed my DNS server to the google's DNS server and it worked for me. Just try with the solution and hope it will work for you.

Well changing the DNS server to public DNS, definitely helped me i was able to browse through the internet with the various wifi spots, in different locations. So this idea really worked for me. So thanks people for the solution. However i am also thinking of changing my router, i had the previous one of the linksys and i think so its time to change the router. So i am thinking to switch to any of the tomato firmware products. Anyways thanks for the efforts. Your suggestions really helped me out.