Thread: IPhone stuck installing 4.2 update

IPhone stuck installing 4.2 update

Last morning as i was trying to update my iPhone iOS4 it was going well initially and then suddenly the progress bar stops half away under the apple logo on the iPhone. I have disconnected my iPhone from my system and reset it the Phone until i get the message "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode" Finally i restored my iPhone to get it back to work since half update will not allow it to work. Any help n this matter will be heavily appreciated.

Re: IPhone stuck installing 4.2 update

The alternative is to update the firmware to version 4.2.1, but blocking the version currently installed on your device's baseband. Here's how:
    Edit the hosts file.
    • If you go to Windows C: / WINDOWS/System32/drivers/etc / and open the hosts file with Notepad (with administrator privileges). At the end of the document type as follows:
    • 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    • Mac If you open Finder and go to / Etc /, Open the hosts file and add the string above. Save the document to your desktop and copy / Etc / overwriting the existing one

1. If you have not already installed iTunes 1.10 and TinyUmbrella
    2. Connect your iPhone to your computer, open and save the certificate TinyUmbrella SHSH
    3. Open iTunes (without closing TinyUmbrella) and do a backup of your iPhone
    4. Install the firmware update 4.2.1: the end of the update appear the error 1013. This means that the baseband was not updated.
    5. Close iTunes and click Exit Recovery TinyUmbrella
    6. The iPhone will reboot, then check that the baseband was not updated by Settings> General> About
    7. Run the following jailbreak 4.2.1
    8. After performing the jailbreak open Cydia and install UltraSn0w to unlock the baseband

I think that the patch or update is not yet been issued to prevent the bugs were fixed in the 4.2.1 firmware. Well, now the issue is much closer than you think! It will probably be tomorrow, Or at most in the coming days. Transpires that UltraSn0w, This is the tool to unlock is working on the Dev-Team, 4.2.1 works perfectly on ios, But is compatible only with iPhone 3G and 3G. As for the iPhone 4 should be added later compatibility.

Here are two tips to use when your iPhone is completely blocked on an application or something else, following a crash.
    • The first thing to do is to force the shutdown of the application by pressing for 6 seconds on the Home button.
    • If this does not work, you can force the end of the phone by pressing the Home button and Power for 10 seconds. Then, you will then have to restart your iPhone normally.